“Good Food and Good Service - a favourite”

Orient Express Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Turkish, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I take my mum to Llandudno at least once a year and we always arrive in time for breakfast at the Orient Express. The food is good and always freshly prepared and well preesented. The service is good and the waiter is always friendly with a smile. It is our favourite place to dine in Llandudno. No doubt we will be back next year if not sooner.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Similar to the reviewer below, I am not sure why this cafe is so highly rated in Llandudno. I recently went for the first time, and can't say I was overly impressed.

Service was friendly, but slow. The food was better presented than many places.

My biggest issue with the place was when it came to payment. Having never been there before we didn't know that it was a cash only business. Perhaps there was mention of this fact somewhere, but not in plain sight of where we were sitting. It wasn't until I went to pay that I was told they didn't accept cards. This needs to be made clearer.

1  Thank DPBH
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Good cafe, though I'm puzzled why it is the TA No.1 restaurant in Llandudno. It is not open in the evening and the food is pleasant but not gourmet. Main menu is sandwiches and chippy things like anywhere else, specials are turkish which is nice. Friendly staff.
It's not that we had a bad time here or poor food, just not the pinnacle of fine food the reviews led me to expect.

1  Thank Stephen-London-N16
Reviewed June 12, 2014

A friend suggested we went for lunch at the Orient Express. I had usually eaten elsewhere in the town. This proved to be a real treat. The menu offered so much at reasonable prices. The food was beautifully presented and served by smartly dressed and friendly staff. The food was delicious. and for us was accompanied by a large stylish pot of tea, none of the bog standard stainless pots which pour so badly! The staff kept the tables spotless and kept the floor oh-so clean too! The ladies loo perfumed with potpourri echoed the high standard elsewhere in this restaurant. The local authority hygiene 5 star rating is well deserved. I'll be back soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Living in Llandudno I regularly eat here for lunches, latte`s etc during the day with my partner.
The food is always cooked fresh and is always excellent and the service is excellent. The staff are always smartly dressed and the premises is always spotless. Its a must for people visiting Llandudno and it really is excellent value for money.