“A return visit to Tribells, Llandudno”

Tribells Fish and Chip Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Been many times over the years - the best fish and chip restaurant in North Wales - always very fresh fish - always huge portions, but was surprised to see they have had a refurbishment - long overdue and appreciated - The cashier is not hiding away anymore.

Return visit shortly

Reviewed May 5, 2014

although the fish and chips meal was a little expensive there where other meals advertised and a specials board but I must admit there was a lot on the plate

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I Found this Restaurants while visiting a near by Church although it looked expensive , I went in I was greeted by a very pleasant young man took me to my table and brought me the menu
They had a very good selection at a Reasonable price
My meal was very good the fish was in a very light batter plenty of skinless Fish ,and chips piping Hot what you would expect but don't always get
I was very impressed . my Drink was also of a good standard
I will definitely visit again when I return to LLANDUDNO

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I am sorry to report that a proper, traditional, fish and chip restaurant, visited by our family for over thirty years... has lost the plot. On our last visit, we were thankful that we had not brought our grandchildren with us. We would have been bankrupted in half an hour!

The old restaurant was a bit cramped, with the usual wipe clean tops and plastic seats; but it was invariably busy, and good value. The recent refurbishments have reduced the number of covers available, and the result?.... a price hike that would bring a tear to a glass eye.

Most disappointing, however, was the standard of the food itself. The chips were not a patch on our previous visits; and my steak pie, attributed to that superb butcher, Edwards of Conwy, appeared to have been microwaved to death. As we ate our fare, the restaurant emptied; and before we had given up on the place, doors were shut,and staff began to clean up.

The restaurant will probably do well in busy weekends this summer; but will people come back time after time? The proof of the steak pudding will be in the eating; but if fish and chips for a family, with drinks and a pud, costs upwards of £60-70, it will be a long winter. A shame, because we always counted on Tribells for a tasty,affordable meal. Also, service was fine, but not as good as the youngsters who used to take up the summer and weekend jobs.

2  Thank windbag
Reviewed April 27, 2014

my mother and I went to Tribells Fish and chip restaurant on Lloyd street Llandudno. the food is excellent, the Chips are the best we've ever tasted "propper fried chips" not frozen rubbish, the fish was lovely white and flakey, and the batter was so light and crispy. I got fish and chips, my mother got a fish, mine came with salad,( which i never touched) there were too many chips for me so we shared the chips, we ordered tea for 2, the restaurant is recently refurbished, the staff are very attentive and the surroundings are very bright with a mural of Llandudno seafront.
we paid £19-95, but it was a holiday treat and although quite expensive the food was excellent, there is a takeaway joined on but we couldn't find a seat nearby to sit.
there is wheelchair access into the restaurant but the slope is quite steep and I needed help to push the wheelchair inside. and thought it safer to come out backwards as there is a busy road outside.