“Secret delight!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Shouldn't really share how wonderful this delightful restaurant is or it may be fully booked more often! Having been in catering over 25 years I am hard to please, but the family that run this have had me return time and time again as it is perfect. If you are looking for good food, good value, excellent ambience and great service, look no further!! A secret treasure in Llandudno!! Well done guys!!

2  Thank Welshgirl021

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had our Anniversary meal at Candles once again, as we know how good it is, and we knew we would love everything about it. Once again we were not disappointed. The food is excellent, as are the service and the atmosphere. We have recommended this Restaurant to many people and they too have enjoyed themselves very much. We have also recommended Candles to the proprietors of the different B&B's at which we have stayed, and they in turn have recommended it to their guests. Definitely looking forward to returning to Llandudno and eating here again.

1  Thank kathlap
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Visted on a sat night arrived at 1900 and they squeezed us in unbooked. All the reviews are bang on, good value for three/four courses. Good portions, great service, speedy too. Three course meal for six came in at 145 with drinks, all six meals good, everyone left full and happy!

2  Thank abz2013
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I came here with my girlfriend on Sunday 15th September and what a wonderful little Restaurant Candles turned out to be. We were greeted as we walked in by a very friendly member of staff and were seated. The extensive menu offers two 4 course deals priced at an extremely reasonable £17.95 and £19.95 respectively. There's a wide variety of choice to suit most tastes and there are some fine inclusions that will please vegetarians.
Service was quick and efficient without ever feeling as if you were rushed. Food was piping hot and really tasty, I highly recommend the Sizzling (literally) Barbeque Beef. All in all Candles provided a romantic setting for a fantastic meal that was perfect in every way. I will surely be back as soon as I can.

2  Thank Marv87
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were recommended by a colleague who went last month, and knew we were looking for something special for our anniversary.
In a word, WOW!
I read some of the reviews on tripadvisor before we went, and can only think those negative reviews went to the wrong place.

It is a small family run restaurant, and they do everything they can to make your visit enjoyable. The service was first class. The food was absolutely fabulous, good portions and excellent value for money. Nothing was too much trouble.
I would highly recommend Candles, and we will certainly be going back again and again!

2  Thank Momma Bebbo