“Nice Filling Meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Had a midweek meal, Wednesday with 6 other golfers and the set 3 course meal. Everyone was very happy with the quantity and quality of the food. Would be happy to go there again.

1  Thank David L
There are newer reviews for Candles

Reviewed May 22, 2013

my wife and i visited llandudno for one night only on may 19th/20th as it was my wife's 60th birthday and we love to go there, we looked for a resteraunt to visit and "CANDLES" came up so we decided to give it a go as it had some good reviews,
we had a great meal, a set 4 course for a great price of only £19.50 each and what good value every course was first class, and also the service was second to none,
there was a familly party in when we arrived and they to seemed like they were havving a great time, we will certainly be visiting again and we highly recomend it ..many thanks to all the staff for making our evening special. all the best DAVE AND DIANE..

2  Thank diandave131
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I came here for the first time last week with my husband. There were a few in but as we came in the week it wasn't terribly busy. We arrived without booking but were immediately brought to attention by a lovely spoken waitress who hung up our jackets and took us to our seats, lit our candle and placed some bread roles on the table.
The room itself was very cosy and warm and we felt very comfortable. The food itself was absolutely gorgeous and there was plenty of it! The price for the amount you get is very reasonable and i would definitely recommend people of all ages to come here as they also have a children's menu if there are families with young children.
Again the waitress throughout was lovely and polite and made us feel very welcome . This restaurant i believe is great for any type of sitting, group, single or romantic and i would recommend everyone to give this place a try!
Going to be very hard for me to find another restaurant which gives me food as good as here and the amount of warmth i received!
Katrine x

2  Thank katrine d
Reviewed May 14, 2013

No where can quite top the wonderful service, food & atmosphere in Candles! I've tried dining elsewhere but they don't match the standards Candles upholds. The food was prepared fast and came served on hot plates. The girls waiting on were lovely and very helpful. Very very good value for money, decent portions & fresh homemade food. Fresh filter coffee & an extensive menu full of choices. Suitable for all ages, i saw staff were very attentive to bring out highchairs for some young children in the restaurant. Our coats collected & hung for us the minute we walked in. Such a warm & welcoming place to eat! Well recommended!

2  Thank Cristina J
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Visited with my wife and choose the 4 course meal at £19.95. The outside of the restaurant really doesn't look good. The building above is for sale and Candles' awning is a little dirty and rusty. Inside is very clean, cosy and well looked after. I believe the waiter and waitress were the children of the gentleman who seemed to be doing all the cooking by himself.
The 4 course was really 3 course with coffee to finish.
After reading a previous review I also opted for the prawn cocktail starter, which was very good. For main I had the pepper chicken and my wife the chicken a la creme. I had fries and veg and my wife had fries and salad. The mains were great. Pretty basic food, but done to perfection and large portion. I was too full for desert, but as it was included thought I'd try the blackcurrant sorbet and my wife had lemon meringue. The sorbet tasted just like ice cream to me, but was still nice and my wife enjoyed the meringue.
I'm not sure if the deserts were homemade, but everything else was and although it wasn't anything spectacular, I loved it. Good honest food well cooked and presented.
I will definitely return to this restaurant if in the area again. the atmosphere was good as I don't like busy, noisy restaurants and it doesn't feel good being in empty restaurants.
The young waiter and waitress were friendly and professional.