“excellent food fast service excellent staff”

The Ham Bone Brasserie & Deli
Ranked #27 of 209 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
northwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent food fast service excellent staff”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

the placed was packed, but the swrvice was excellent. had soup of the day with half a filled bread roll excellent value £5.95? filled you up for the whole day. the peroni was to die for :)

Visited February 2014

Biddulph, United Kingdom
“Early Lunch on a Miserable Sunday”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Was greeted pleasantly by a waitress and left to find a seat. The waitress then very promptly explained the menu, what was available and what was not. Quick and efficient. We ordered without issue and got our drinks promptly. Food was served efficiently. Simple fayre. Jacket Potato with a filling and Welsh Rarebit.

Quite over-faced with the size of the portions. The jacket potato was far too big and a huge amount of filling. As the potato was so large it was not that well cooked. Appeared like cooked in the microwave and then stuck in an oven for a bit. Good portion of the potato was raw but as the thing was so big it would not have all been eaten anyhow. Welsh Rarebit was not bad. Again huge portion. The side salads were fresh and well presented.

We were not asked whilst we were eating or afterwards on whether the food was okay or whether we had enjoyed it, which made me feel a bit as though they really did not care. The place was not that busy and staff were not run of their feet at the time. I am sure that this place has the capability to really stand-out but a few basics need to be established.

• Visited January 2014
Abergele, United Kingdom
“Jacket potato made from cardboard”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Having eaten here once before and enjoying the food and putting a positive review on for that experience and now have had the complete opposite.
Arriving for lunch today I ordered the jacket potato with mixed cheese and onion which came with a small salad
I think it was the worst jacket potato and filling I have ever had
It was delivered within a few minutes which really should have told me something
The potato was quite obviously microwaved because the skin was soggy and wet and the first part of the potato was like cardboard then the rest just undercooked. It was awful.
But the filling tasted worse than it looked.
There was a huge dollop of what looked like baby sick on the potato
It was thick and stodgy and tasted sour and bland. No taste of cheese or onion. I don't think the cheese is grated it was blended but with what I am not sure.
I was really disappointed with what was served to me today.
When the waitress came to clear the table and saw my plate of food left she never asked was everything ok as she had done on the previous table (a smile wouldn't have gone a miss either ) so I made a point of saying how bad the food was when I paid the bill and also said I had left the meal on the plate
No offer of a reduction on the bill just an "oh dear" style apology
Certainly won't be going back as it's not cheap to eat here.
I'm sure the menu would have tasted nicer with some seasoning

Visited January 2014
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Great food,shame about the miserable waitresses”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I always go to lunch here whenever we are shopping in Llandudno as the food is always excellent and they have such a wide and varied menu, the only downside I find is that the female staff there all seem so rude and miserable. Each time I visit there is always a friendly and smiley young waiter with glasses who is awalys polite, chatty and courteous but the waitresses won't say hello, smile, say please or thank yous, and won't even bother with pleasantries. It's such a shame as this is the only thing that lets it down. I will continue to visit as the food is so good though!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Celtest
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Superb for takeaway lunch”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The sandwiches, made to order, were delicious with lots of variety to choose from. The ham was especially good carved from the bone. You really do have to try the pork pies though, a real treat and we found out later, an award winner. Definitely somewhere we would recommend.

• Visited November 2013