“Nice pub food”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Nice pub food”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Great meal here - busy so obviously popular, Good choice of veggie options. Nice home made chips. Fudge with tea at end of meal very nice!!

Visited May 2014

Conwy, United Kingdom
“Classically good”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I used to go here quite often, but this is my first time in years.
Some things don't change- the fantastic service, classically good food.
The restaurant has got bigger in the last few years which means it's easier to get a table. I prefer the tables in the restaurant area rather than the bar (we were sat in the bar this time, it was full of Friday evening drinkers, but then we hadn't booked, so we were glad they found us any table)
It is quite expensive, but the food is of a high quality and beautifully presented- you get what you pay for.

1 Thank HalfWelshHalfKiwi
“Service could be better!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Visited restaurant last night with a group of friends. The atmosphere was lovely and its a very nice restaurant although I felt that the staff could have been a bit more attentive. Not easy to order drinks etc. Food was ok although I ordered duck breast only to recieve duck leg. Wine was £6 a glass which I feel is slightly expensive. Nice restaurant but wouldnt return in a hurry.

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have always loved the food here on my fairly infrequent visits so I regard it as a treat. On my last visit I had two starters and a sweet which is perfect for me. A delicious salmon and trout mousse followed by a starter portion of risotto (the main portion size must be huge) and a chocolate pot. The chocolate pot was creamy and rich and just the right size. The blackcurrant sorbet in a brandy snap basket I know is delicious but you can't eat everything in one visit. Drinks come with a portion of home made mint fudge and you can buy the fudge to take home. I always fail to resist the temptation to do so. The atmosphe is good as is the service.

Caernarfon
“Very lovely food- huge portions!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is a nice pub serving excellent food. I had the scallops to start- they were lovely. Then I had the Moroccan chicken. It must have been a huge chicken! It was all lovely. I'm a big eater but couldn't manage 3 courses. Others had fish cakes for a starter- top tip- share them. There were two huge fish cakes and people were full!! They did say that they were lovely though. All puddings looked lovely. Can't falult the food, service or price! Will be back for sure.