“Not clear on pricing”
Review of St. Tudno Hotel

St. Tudno Hotel
Ranked #14 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stopped here at weekend just drove down from blackpool where I own a hotel.
Problem with this place is they are not clear what they price we rang up hotels in the area and got prices around 120 for two nights this hotel offered me a room for two nights for 98.00.
Then came the bill for 196.00 how can anyone charge 98.00 for one night in a large bed and breakfast hotel off season. Theres not exactly lots going on in the resort.
Do yourself a favour walk further up the road to the wildings the chap there is frank, much better hotel and the breakfast is great too.
Unfortunately he wasn't about this weekend £196.00 for two nights in a mediocre hotel pretty much ruined our weekend.
And whats this alice in wonderland rubbish you try and sell????lol

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sean o
StTudno, Owner at St. Tudno Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Seanthedude

Being a hotel owner, I would like to think you would be used to the pricing of hotel rooms. Most hotels quote either per person per night or per room per night. Very rarely do they quote a total amount for the whole stay.

In this instance, I personally quoted your room rate and remember clearly stating £98 per night. I am sorry if you did not hear this. On checking in, you were then presented with a registration card to sign which clearly stated £98 per night. I could not have made this any clearer. Please note, I also upgraded you to a superior room with king size bed and whirlpool bath at no extra cost. This room is usually £148 per night.

I am sorry you were not able to stay with Frank at the Wildings. However, may I just mention a couple of points? The Wildings only offers bed and breakfast. We are a hotel and as such we provide certain facilities and services for our guests, even if you decide not to use them. We employ a team of chefs and waiters to be here throughout the day to serve breakfast, morning snacks, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and room service. We also offer other facilities and services such as a heated swimming pool, complimentary wi-fi, bar lounges with table service, help with parking, personally taking you up to your room and assistance with luggage. The bedrooms also contain fully stocked mini bars, fresh milk, homemade shortbread biscuits, Villeroy & Boch china tea sets, Molton Brown toiletries and monogrammed robes. In order to provide these facilities and services we need to charge more than a bed and breakfast would although please note, even The Wildings charges £75 per night in January. It just depends what you are looking for, a B&B or a hotel. I personally think it is worth a little more to stay in a hotel with good service and good food.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I went here with a party for Christmas lunch with fairly high expectations as had been before and enjoyed an evening meal earlier in the year.
Very disappointing - indifferent, bland fishcakes to start, dried up re-constituted lamb to follow with discoloured broccoli, overcooked sprouts and an orange mush that could have been sweet potato or carrots, couldn't tell. No lamb juices to speak of and a mint sauce that was mainly water. Desert (parfait) had just come out of the freezer and it and the supposed crumble on top were rock hard. Why do we have suffer this sort of fare at this time of the year? No problems with the staff or the service but would definitely not go again in December.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank paddy r

Dear paddy r

Thank you for your valued feedback. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your Christmas party lunch. We served around 800 Christmas meals in December and have only received good feedback so far. I apologise that your meal was not delivered to our usual high standard and do hope this will not prevent you from visiting us again in the future.

On a positive note I am pleased you enjoyed your previous meal earlier in the year and that the staff and service was to your liking.

Next time you would like to dine with us, please let me know and I will personally ensure we look after you

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night bed & breakfast whilst attending a function in another hotel, from start to finish the customer service was exceptional, We were fortunate to park outside the hotel and reception gave us a guest parking permit which allowed us to park free of charge the next day, we were then escorted from reception to our room where we were taken through the facilities the room was loverly and had a huge comfy bed and a great sea view, my wife found the delicious homemade shortbread biscuits which were complimentary. After a great sleep in our huge comfy bed and a soak in the whirlpool bath we went down for breakfast, we were met by cheerful staff who showed us to our table, breakfast was superb from start to finish, I would like to thank Mr Bland and his team for restoring my faith in customers service in the UK!

Room Tip: Pay for a Sea view room at the front if available.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Didn't stay here, but stopped for lunch. Really lovely hotel with very friendly staff. Fish and chips is £15. Food is delightful but you don't get much for your money. Nice if you're looking for something special though.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 1, 2013

stayed here for one night bed,breakfast and afternoon tea, from start to finish we were treated like royalty.We were met at the front door by a very loverly professional member of staff who showed me where to park my car (free of charge) ,she then escorted my wife into the hotel with our case. our room was loverly it had a huge comfy bed, my wife found the delicious homemade shortbread (I didn't get a chance to have a taste my wife ate it ) which was complimentary . next was our beautiful afternoon tea served to us by another wonderful member of staff in the lounge ,our sandwiches ,cakes and scones where all served on a silver three tiered stand complete with dome to keep our scones warm whilst we ate our sandwiches. Yes I do say it is better than the Ritz as I have stayed there and had afternoon tea too and I must say the afternoon tea was much more fresher,tastier and a lot more relaxed at St Tudno. After a great sleep in our huge comfy bed we went down for our breakfast and we were met by very cheerful staff who showed us to our table ,our breakfast was superb from start to finish. We didn't want to leave.We will return . thank you so much to the wonderful staff and my says thank you very much for the loverly shortbread .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013

From the minute we walked in to St Tudno Hotel we knew it was going to be a fabulous stay. We were immediately greeted by the owner who gave us a lovely friendly welcome, he then proceeded to unload our car and provide us with a free car parking space. We were given a choice of two lovely rooms and were then left to settle in. We choose to dine in the restaurant in the evening, the surroundings were stunning and the food was amazing. The staff were very attentive without being overbearing and we really did feel pampered by the end of the evening. All in all we felt the St Tudno was not just a place to sleep but a wonderful hotel experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here for two nights at weekend and was pampered from start to finish. Met at car by Karen and safely parked in covered car park at rear. Then she booked us in and showed us too our room explaining all we needed for a great stay.
We were then met by Martin the owner who welcomed us as he does everyone. We loved the decor and ambiance of the whole hotel.Our room was at the rear but had view of the Great Orme. Our dog was allowed to stay too for a small charge. The restaurant is to be highly recommended as is the staff and service. Nothing was a bother to Martin and staff. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and breakfast is excellent. We also eat in the restaurant on both nights and it is fine dining at a very reasonable cost.
The Victorian atmosphere here is unique in keeping with the locality, but the hotel has modern comforts. Wi Fi throughout and swimming pool.
We would stay again anytime and will return, we met a lot of returning guests there. Loved it.

Room Tip: Sea views and Orme views at rear.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple