“Seaside Wetherspoons”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I'd have liked to score this pub as very good but I'm afraid it was spoilt by typical seaside uncouthness of some of the customers, and not youths I'm pleased to say, but older people who should know better, clearly been drinking all day and struggled to put sentences together unless they included four letter words. Standing in doorways smoking so that we could all enjoy their stinking habit, even though the management had placed the outdoor ashtrays well way from the doorways, yuk. Moan over, I still scored it average because my sirloin steak, chips and trimmings was very nicely cooked and tasty which including the free pint was only £8.09, excellent. The main seating area is downstairs in this tastefully converted old theatre but there is a disabled lift up to street level and a disabled toilet next to it, so I, recovering from a broken foot, was ok. So despite my moan, if you like the Wetherspoons philosophy of no nonsense value for money then give this place a try and sniff at the uncouth minority! PS the staff were great.

1  Thank JGM1950
Write a ReviewReviews (2,361)

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Ate there twice during out stay. They have done a great job keeping the theatre feel, and the food is the usual Whetherspoon standard.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

went to lunch at the palladium on the day some of the menu was not available so had alternative liked the place a lot staff could not be more helpful they even bought our drinks to the table the under manager could not be nicer to us the food was good a good selection of beers the décor of an old theatre was in good keeping and nice to look at

Reviewed July 15, 2014

the usual wetherspoons pub very large and spacious old Theatre with some of the fixtures still on view ,staff very friendly and hard working , toilets up lots of stairs not very suitable for the less active customers , very busy on Saturday night . open late .

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The pub it's self is great . The food I have to day was average at best, and the thing that really put us off was the drunken teenagers that where ignored by the staff until people complained and they started drinking the beer from cans.
Not a place to take the family, we would have left if we hadn't ordered the food.