“Honeymoon”

Ranked #82 of 145 Llandudno B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I had our honeymoon at the Iris. They gave us a sea view room, decorated the room with flowers, chocolates and cards (at my request). The room and bathroom were very clean, the service very good and food tasty.

I would recommend this place to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tracy s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Polish first
Ruthin, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The reception was good and helpful and the room was clean and tidy. For a single room I was pleased to see that it had a full bathroom suite. If you like good reviews then please stop here.

After checking in at the helpful reception I decided to take a bath. I was horrified to find that the water ran brown and that it was cold. I thought that this might be because it was a room that was seldom used. So as I had to go out I reported the colour and temperature of the water to reception and asked that they looked into it and fixed the problem. They did not. When i returned over an hour later, the water was still brown and the water cold. As a result I could not bathe or drink and I did not stay for breakfast as i did not want to eat food that might have been washed or prepared in that water.

Although the room was clean there were a lot of untidy cables from the TV and the lamps, there was no glass for drinking (not that I would have used the water) and the toilet paper was very cheap and thin.

My room was next to the main door in the hall way that lead to all the bedrooms. The door squeeked each time it was opened and it did not have a soft closing mechanism and so slammed shut each time. My nights sleep was constantly interupted by people going through that door.

I left at 6.30am in the morning and there was no one at reception to check me out. I rang the reception bell twice but no one arrived.

I had journeyed up from St Albans and was exhausted by the time I got home. Dirty, tired and very unhappy.

I hope that Iris Hotel will take this review onboard and will remedy these problems and pay closer attention to preparing the room before letting it out.

Room Tip: check the room and the bath before signing in.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank David B

Travelers are raving about these Llandudno hotels

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed just one night as we were attending a wedding in the hotel next door.
We had a sea view room which was very comfortable.
We found the hotel staff very helpful and polite. The hotel Manager was very polite and very helpful.
The room was very clean, very modern and the bed was very comfortable.
The breakfast was also excellent and again the staff were very polite and helpful.
We will be recommending the hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christine H
, General Manager at Iris Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive review on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and value your comments and strive to always improve our customer service. We hope to see you again soon. Please call us on 01492 868 800 if you wish to book and stay with us again in the near future.

Kind Regards
Dave Price - Assistant Manager
runcorn
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Everything in this hotel is new - beds, carpets, bedding, bathrooms and furniture. These refurbishments are done but need sorting out as some of the fixtures have not been fitted properly and have broken Breakfast is great and have as much as you like. The staff are extremely polite although they all seem to have a problem with understanding English words, especially numbers.
I will definitely stay again. We had second and third floor front rooms which were lovely. Please sort out the problems.

Room Tip: front rooms are great/
, General Manager at Iris Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive review on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and value your comments and strive to always improve our customer service (your comments about maintenance and staff have been improved). We hope to see you again soon. Please call us on 01492 868 800 if you wish to book and stay with us again in the near future.

Kind Regards
Dave Price - Assistant Manager
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We had two twin rooms with sea views,exactly what had been booked,both very clean and well equiped.Reception staff helpful as was the breakfast staff. All areas of hotel kept clean.Lift to all levels. Manager very friendly. Good breakfast .Parking wasn't a problem. Anyone complaining about breakfast times and parking should read the website first.We had no complaints.

1 Thank JAN M
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Although we booked last minute, this was not a bargain break, and we paid the top rate . The staff are very friendly and eager to please but SO disorganized. They obviously lack experience and need to have proper training, Management does not seem to take the lead and everything appears to be on an ad hoc basis, rather than based on good housekeeping guidelines/principles and routines. Both the breakfast and evening meal were satisfactory, the evening meal was very good value for money,
The room we had was spotless, but the public areas needed to be vacuumed. The carpets needed cleaning when we arirved and had not been done when we left. The complicated shower controls and flashing multicoloured bedside lights have been mentioned in previous reviews, we concur.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dottie03
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2011

the staff was very helpful the food was lovely we stayed on the ground floor and we been twice and we are going back for a week in steptember i would remand people too go there what you seen on the website that what you get the people are very frindley we love going there

Room Tip: rooms are very tidy
1 Thank gemma w