“Awful”

Dining options: Breakfast
wales
“Awful”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I don't very often write reviews but on this occasion I was so disappointed with the service/food I felt I should forewarn others.

We took our fifteen month old son here and had already settled before looking at the prices. If we had seen them before hand we wouldn't have bothered staying. £4.95 for a children's beans on toast....... They don't have high chairs either so gave us a bumper seat for the chair which was filthy!

We ordered two paninis and they took half an hour to arrive and were cold as well as stale.....

As others have pointed put £1.50 for tap water and if you have ay complaints the menu says you have to write to management for a refund, they obviously know their food is over priced and below average. I agree they make you pay before your meal as there is no way I would have paid for what we received.

I would say AVOID AT ALL COSTS......

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank leajon

Chester, United Kingdom
“Fancy a Snack”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just the place if you fancy a drink and a Pasty or a tempting cake. Clean and seating outside if you fancy.
Toilets are upstairs though if you need them.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Chris P
Cork, Ireland
“Worst eating experience in a long time”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My partner and I had to go to Llandudno for an errand, and having never been there before, we took a chance on this establishment to have lunch. From the outside, it looks pleasant, with a nice outdoor seating area. Once inside, we noticed the prices were quite high, but we were hungry and tired at that stage. We should have walked away when we saw that they charge £1.50 for a glass of tap water!!

I chose the cod in a "homemade batter", while my partner went for scampi and chips. Both were priced at £8.95. You must go to the counter to order, which gives the feel of a cafeteria. Adding to this, seasonings and condiments were only available in sachet form at the far side of the establishment. I wanted a diet coke but no diet drinks were available. And at £1.50 for tap water, I chose to go thirsty. When the food arrived, we were not pleased. My cod was so overcooked that there was no taste other than oil, and the batter was a chestnut brown colour. It splintered as you attempted to saw through it. The "mushy peas" were tasteless and bland, as were the chips. My partner's scampi was the most laughable part. £8.95 for 6 pieces of frozen, shop-bought scampi. We both struggled through half of our meals before eventually giving up and walking out.

You pay in advance for food, which they surely do to stop people refusing to pay for such awful quality food after they've gotten it. In retrospect, we should have demanded our money back, but we were too anxious to get out of there and never look back to think of that.

Don't put yourself through the misery of eating there.

1 Thank Vicky M
Llandudno, Wales, United Kingdom
“Quite alright”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This place has got what I need: good coffee and opening hours that suit me. It's clean, service I can not fault. Staff is polite I and never had problems with anything. Okay, it's not the cheapest place but Llandudno is a tourists paradise. Everybody wants to earn. I would suggest to put the prices somewhere for the public view but that's my only issue. I go there few times a month and never had bad experiences.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Expensive and charge for tap water”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We went here and the cafe looks nice and pleasant so even though the prices were quite expensive we thought it would be nice to stay. Having queued up for food and ordered lunch for 4 which cost £27 we were told there was a service charge of £1.50 for tap water. The water was only for a 3 and a 5 year old and I think it is disgusting that they won't give this out for free when you are buying food. Added to this they don't take cards and tell you to go across the roaD to the cash point. With the prices they cahrge they should take cards or have very clear notices saying so.
Overpriced and a short sighted management. If they had just given a glass of tap water I never would have thought to write on here but I think people should be warned.

1 Thank jeswes19