“Worst eating experience in a long time”
Review of Cafe Culture

Cafe Culture
Ranked #136 of 208 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cork, Ireland
“Worst eating experience in a long time”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My partner and I had to go to Llandudno for an errand, and having never been there before, we took a chance on this establishment to have lunch. From the outside, it looks pleasant, with a nice outdoor seating area. Once inside, we noticed the prices were quite high, but we were hungry and tired at that stage. We should have walked away when we saw that they charge £1.50 for a glass of tap water!!

I chose the cod in a "homemade batter", while my partner went for scampi and chips. Both were priced at £8.95. You must go to the counter to order, which gives the feel of a cafeteria. Adding to this, seasonings and condiments were only available in sachet form at the far side of the establishment. I wanted a diet coke but no diet drinks were available. And at £1.50 for tap water, I chose to go thirsty. When the food arrived, we were not pleased. My cod was so overcooked that there was no taste other than oil, and the batter was a chestnut brown colour. It splintered as you attempted to saw through it. The "mushy peas" were tasteless and bland, as were the chips. My partner's scampi was the most laughable part. £8.95 for 6 pieces of frozen, shop-bought scampi. We both struggled through half of our meals before eventually giving up and walking out.

You pay in advance for food, which they surely do to stop people refusing to pay for such awful quality food after they've gotten it. In retrospect, we should have demanded our money back, but we were too anxious to get out of there and never look back to think of that.

Don't put yourself through the misery of eating there.

1 Thank Vicky M

Llandudno, Wales, United Kingdom
“Quite alright”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This place has got what I need: good coffee and opening hours that suit me. It's clean, service I can not fault. Staff is polite I and never had problems with anything. Okay, it's not the cheapest place but Llandudno is a tourists paradise. Everybody wants to earn. I would suggest to put the prices somewhere for the public view but that's my only issue. I go there few times a month and never had bad experiences.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Expensive and charge for tap water”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We went here and the cafe looks nice and pleasant so even though the prices were quite expensive we thought it would be nice to stay. Having queued up for food and ordered lunch for 4 which cost £27 we were told there was a service charge of £1.50 for tap water. The water was only for a 3 and a 5 year old and I think it is disgusting that they won't give this out for free when you are buying food. Added to this they don't take cards and tell you to go across the roaD to the cash point. With the prices they cahrge they should take cards or have very clear notices saying so.
Overpriced and a short sighted management. If they had just given a glass of tap water I never would have thought to write on here but I think people should be warned.

1 Thank jeswes19
UK
“Staff attitude/ no prices on confectionary”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We a group of 4 adults went for coffee & cake in Aug 12.
2 of the 4 coffees were cold!
When I was ordering at the counter I asked for 2 coffees & 2 vanilla slices which after all isn't anything really special, when I was asked for £9 I asked how much the vanillas were and was told abruptly £2 each!
Now if they were larger than the normal bog standard one's then I could understand the expensive rate. But they weren't!
When I told the lady that I didn't want them she wasn't very happy & if looks could kill!!
I hadn't touched the slices she did so I didn't see a problem.
It's time that coffee shops displayed the costs of their goods & let the Customer decided before they place an order.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank UkMeee
north wales
“get what you pay for”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

i have visited many cafes in Llandudno over the years (and lets face it there's no shortage!), but this one stands out from the crowd.
Mainly i rate this cafe for consistency, i never get a bad meal/drink etc.
The staff are helpful
The place is clean.
Ok the prices are slightly expensive, but lets face it there's a greasy spoon by the coach park or train station, THIS IS A PRIME LOCATION WHERE I KNOW THE RENTS/RATES ARE EXTORTIONATE! so if you want cheap its greasy spoon i'm afraid! Just compare it with the highly successful Nero across the way, they ARE expensive!
Coffees are delicious, fish and chips freshly cooked and all other food i have tried is very acceptable.
location is the key for me here as i cannot think of a better place to people watch!
they even have rides, and ice cream stalls for the kids!

• Visited August 2012