“Fantastic walking tour of the Great Orme”

Active Terrain Guided Walking and Cycling
Ranked #7 of 15 Tours in Llandudno
Reviewed September 1, 2015

I had a great day with Barry and Eileen, walking around the Great Orme. They are such a friendly team, and have so much knowledge of the area. I can't wait to go back on another walk with them.

1  Thank libra2222

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My son and I had a wonderful time with Barry and Eileen walking in the Snowdonia Hills. It was a great way to see the countryside close up and very much off the beaten track. In the middle of the summer, there were very few folks crossing our path, although the ones we met were friendly and interesting! I am sure Active Terrain will customize their walks to accommodate your needs/wishes, but we were glad we trusted them to show us the beauty of North Wales.

1  Thank Kevin_Nathan_99
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very well planned and executed series of walks, good size group with very nice dynamic, very sociable evenings.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My mum and I had a brilliant time over 5 weeks learning the skills of Nordic Walking with Active Terrain! Really friendly and helpful team, (Barry, Simon and Eileen) with extensive knowledge of the outdoors! Thanks very much, we really had a great time! and we're hoping to book a different outdoor experience in the near future!

1  Thank Eva R
See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is one the most beautiful and haunting places I have ever been. Tucked away in the Conway Valley this remote valley has the most stunning scenery and the views from the summit on a clear day are stupendous, from Cadar Idris all the way around to Snowden. It is the home of an abandoned slate quarry - most of the buildings are still there with evidence everywhere of mans' former incursions and you can really get a sense of the past. Nature is slowly reclaiming the quarry, further enhancing its beauty. There are accessible mine working tunnels (BUT you need a guide) and I so enjoyed being introduced to these by Simon, Barry and Eileen. They so obviously love this place and are so knowledgeable about the area, and it is pure enjoyment to walk with them. Can't recommend Active Terrain highly enough, and looking forward to the next walk in two weeks - a themed photography walk with a professional photographer. These days out are for all abilities and you will get a really warm welcome and some friendly, fun and very professional, knowledgeable guides.

1  Thank Liz H