“Frankly, I was disappointed”

Pebble Restaurant And Take Away
Ranked #50 of 208 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Cafe, Seafood, Fast Food, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Probably the best fish and chips in North Wales. From Tea and Toast to Roast Lunch.
Lowell, Massachusetts
“Frankly, I was disappointed”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately, on a night my son and I both hankered for plaice and chips, we were disappointed both by the food and by the service. The plaice was, frankly, greasy, something a minute on a paper towel before serving could have cured. The jam sponge with custard I had for dessert was very good, but we had to chase the waitress, who was busy gabbing with friends for nearly 10 minutes as we waited, in order to ask for it.

Visited August 2013

Brechin, United Kingdom
“Back to the old days!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Llandudno...land of the fish supper loving pensioner, kiss me quick hats and lack of parking!
Before going to the surreal pier (like a trip back to the 60's or 70's), we decided to pop into the Pebble Restaurant.
We instantly caught a glimpse of many pensioners seated enjoying a vast array of cream cakes and fish teas....a good sight indeed.
The masses of mushy peas potions were everywhere...this was the place indeed!!
Staff: What can i say? Brilliant, hardworking, dedicated.
Food: Straightforward, old fashioned good food, served up quickly, great value for money, big portions, a proper place to eat!! Being an old Mod, it reminded me of the kind of place Mods would eat at in the 60's! Yes, lost in time, but well worth a visit!!

• Visited July 2013
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Racist or incompetent?”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I entered this restaurant with my wife and (step)granddaughters (4 and 2 and a half years old), who are all black Africans. First of all, I asked the waitress where we should stow our buggy, as there didn't seem to be anywhere where it would not be in the way, and a potential hazard. The waitress said, dismissively -- and as if to say, "don't bother me" -- "Wherever." We took our seats. I had a chance to browse the menu, but my wife was busy getting the girls settled, so I hadn't consulted her yet. The waitress returned and asked for our order. I told her we weren't ready yet, and I asked for a little more time. That was fine. When I was ready to order, our waitress had gone to the front of the shop, and, with her back to me, was chatting with two other teenaged members of staff. By the way, the restaurant was empty except for me and my family, so the staff were not busy. I caught the eye of one of the other employees, and waved to signal that I was ready. This member of staff called out -- in not a friendly way -- "She'll be there in a minute." and they all continued talking among themselves. I told my wife that we were going somewhere else, and we all got up to leave. I noticed the manager (owner?) behind the counter, so I said to him, "Your service is bad." He must have had time to speak to the waitress as we were preparing to leave, for he said to me as we left, "She'd been to your table three times (which was a lie). There's only so much you can do for some people." I'd been to the shop alone for a takeaway the evening before without incident, and the food and service were acceptable. By the way, the shop we went to next, Barnacles, is a very similar sort of restaurant, it's practically right next door, and the food and service were impeccable. Go there instead. Finally, I'm not one to shout "racism" at every little offense. In my thirteen years of marriage, I've found that sort of thing to be almost nonexistent. Thank you.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Daniel C
“Coeliac friendly”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

First off, food was fantastic and reasonably priced. My partner is gluten intolerant so it can be difficult to find places where we both can enjoy the same meal. The gluten free fish option was;according to my partner, delicious. So if you're in Llandudno and fancy some fish and chips, go to Pebble.

Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best food in town”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Come from Manchester often for either a day trip or a few nights away and always visit pebble. The food is lovely and all freshly cooked to a high standard and the service it great. Definatly worth a visit if your looking for somewhere nice to eat

• Visited July 2013