Having now stayed at a selection of Llandudno hotels & guest houses I always like to try a new one! I always fancied a weekend here so hubby & I stayed recently for our wedding anniversary.
On arrival we were met by a pleasant young lady called Sam on reception who was very helpful, especially as we arrived quite late in the evening whilst a busy function was ongoing in the Wedgwood Room .Sam was most helpful, telephoning to check that we were in time to eat in the Terrace bar and assisting us with parking.
Once checked in we found that our rooms were more than adequate, large bedroom with everything we needed, seperate sitting room (which in the end we never used at all!) and nice clean large bathroom with seperate bath & shower.
We ate from the bar menu on this first evening, good food was served quickly by nice friendly helpful staff, we had expected a wait due to the large function but it didnt interfere with us in anyway at all.
We had morning papers delivered promptly and found an iron and ironing board tucked neatly away in a wardrobe, tea tray (took a bit of finding!) in a cupboard and a fridge in case you needed one. I cant fault the rooms or the standards here. We had a 3rd floor front facing room.
Breakfast the first morning was in the terraced bar area overlooking the sea front, served in person with friendly smiles, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast the second morning was buffet style in the large function room, not quite as pleasing as the sea view but good for people watching! We had plenty to eat, hubby was pleased with his breakfast and more of anything was fetched quickly and pleasantly by the staff.
The shops were within minutes of walking from the hotel.
We really rather enjoyed ourselves here!!
The only blip was that we were overcharged nearly £60 on our bill for somebody elses meals and drinks.....we didnt notice until after the bill had been paid but as we checked the invoice in the hotel foyer we were able to point this out to the receptionist straight away, it took her a few minutes to check her paperwork and then refund our card with the food amount, we also pointed out the drinks bill and then that too was refunded. We never put anything on our room account, preferring to pay as we go along...the only exception being two daily papers! The refund was done quite professionally and she did confirm an error had been made, this was the only blot on an otherwise perfect weekend and I would have given a full rating other than for this point.
All in all a very pleasing hotel and I would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Llandudno and all that the North Wales Coast has to offer in stylish sophistication and contemporary luxury at the AA Hotel of the Year for Wales. The Award Winning St Georges Hotel, cleverly combines traditional Victorian elegance and its stunning setting with the comfort of a luxurious 4 star Hotel. Every detail of the hotel is designed to offer a relaxed, intimate atmosphere, calm moods and a fresh, professional approach to service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your St. George's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Georges Llandudno
- St Georges Hotel Llandudno
- St George Hotel Llandudno
- St. George's Hotel Llandudno, Wales