Just returned from a 1 night Friday stay in the St George Hotel in Llandudno.
Booked the hotel basically because it was the highest rated hotel on trip advisor with a disabled room available that had a wet room for our friends. Right from the off I was pleased with the hotel nothing was too much trouble when booking the hotel even down to measuring the distance near the left to make sure our friends wheelchair would be able to get into the left, I cant praise them enough for going out of there way to make sure everything was right.
Extra bonus was a free upgrade as it was my wife 40th birthday present and nothing seems to be too much trouble.
Arrived on Friday near 2pm to find the car park almost completely full, enough space for 20-30 cars so we were lucky there, hotel looks nice from the outside and the inside is just as good, reception staff very quick to process the booking and a nice member of staff carried our bags to the room.
The rooms are good but not fantastic, lovely and warm considering the weather outside. Everything worked as it should (TV, shower etc) and the bed was very comfortable, shame the weather didn't want to play fair which kept us from using the balcony, I did venture out for 15 minutes with my wine but it was just a bit too cold so I came back in.
We didn't eat in the hotel at night we went to the local wetherspoons just because we wanted to eat out at night so I cant comment on the food at dinner, there didn't seem to be any complains when we returned from people eating there and we spent the rest of the evening sitting comfortably in the bar area, bar seemed a little expensive but that could be because we don't drink out much so don't have anything to compare it too.
As pre arranged we were allowed to eat on the terrace restaurant, the wheelchair could not get down the stairs it was too big to carry so whilst everyone else sat in the breakfast room we had the whole terrace to ourself. You can get down on a stair lift but this just didn't work for us.
Breakfast was a buffet and very nice, what ever you wanted was there, fruit, cereal, full welsh breakfast, all server with toast and coffee, again no complaints at all there.
Checkout at 11ma completed a very nice stay in a very nice hotel, the only reason it was very good and not excellent was I thought the room let things down just a bit but still very good.
Thanks to the staff for a great night away from the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Llandudno and all that the North Wales Coast has to offer in stylish sophistication and contemporary luxury at the AA Hotel of the Year for Wales. The Award Winning St Georges Hotel, cleverly combines traditional Victorian elegance and its stunning setting with the comfort of a luxurious 4 star Hotel. Every detail of the hotel is designed to offer a relaxed, intimate atmosphere, calm moods and a fresh, professional approach to service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your St. George's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Georges Llandudno
- St Georges Hotel Llandudno
- St George Hotel Llandudno
- St. George's Hotel Llandudno, Wales