I'll be interested to see if the manager responds to our review as I emailed the hotel before I posted this review (a week ago) to see if they had any thoughts on what we experienced before we went to Tripadvisor and they didn't acknowledge us or reply (we gave them a chance). Therefore I feel that perspective clients need to know about the Orme View room and how conned they will feel upon walking in.
The room that we stayed in was definitely not what we expected. Orme View - room 400 - described as follows by the hotel:-
"This new and unique room is located on the 4th floor of the hotel. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer stunning views over the Great Orme and the Pier. The room has a standard sized double bed, touch screen smart TV and a deluxe walk-in Shower with rain canopy"
Firstly the room in the photo on the hotel website does not appear to be the room we stayed in.
In the room the windows are indeed large (but not floor to ceiling), but the way that the room is set up, does not allow guests to look out of the windows from any angle apart from if you sat on the windowsill or stood up. The room is high long and thin (2 ft / 3ft either side of the bed) with a sofa at the end of the bed (also missing from the hotel's room photo) which meant that the whole experience was something like sitting in a train carriage.
All furniture faces the opposite way from the views, which means if you want to enjoy watching a person accross the street cooking their tea (the main view), you have to do this standing up. Yes you can see the Orme beyond the hotels opposite, but this is not a special or unique room worthy of it's price tag. In fact we wondered if it had once been used as an office or for storage or perhaps staff quarters.
At the time we booked we could have picked any room and deeply regret booking the Orme View room (as it wasn't cheap @ £290 for 2 nights). We could have had a proper sea view in a larger better equipped space.
We would urge anyone thinking of upgrading to give this room a miss unless feeling mislead (by the hotels' own photos) is what they want.
Apart from this, we must say that the staff are excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Llandudno and all that the North Wales Coast has to offer in stylish sophistication and contemporary luxury at the AA Hotel of the Year for Wales. The Award Winning St Georges Hotel, cleverly combines traditional Victorian elegance and its stunning setting with the comfort of a luxurious 4 star Hotel. Every detail of the hotel is designed to offer a relaxed, intimate atmosphere, calm moods and a fresh, professional approach to service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your St. George's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Georges Llandudno
- St Georges Hotel Llandudno
- St George Hotel Llandudno
- St. George's Hotel Llandudno, Wales