“hotel stay 9th August 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Risboro Hotel

The Risboro Hotel
Ranked #46 of 59 Hotels in Llandudno
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“hotel stay 9th August 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Well, where do i start!! these people writing bad reviews and nasty comments are lies and portray the hotel as if its of poor quality, yes it is a bit dated and tired but the owners are improving the facilities of the hotel to make accomadtion more to everybodys taste. The problem is people expect champagne lifestyles on a lemonade budget, get a grip you only get what you pay for. On a good note the food was of a nice standard hot, well presented and food of nice quality, dining room was immaculate. The rooms where dated, but the bedding and towels where pure white and could tell they where laundered well. Entertainment was fantastic. Some people just dont give people a chance, dont they reliase the hotel operated 365 days a year, and the owners are doing there best, they still need income in like everybody else. If only people looked at the bigger picture rather than making derogatery comments maybe they would see sense We had a ball, very laid back weekend, off good quality and good company, staff where also very helpful and pleasent. Thank you for a lovely stay at the risboro hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are currently being upgraded and re-decorated.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank mike s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I booked a Mon - Fri break 3 weeks ago for the next week I booked for my dad and two grandparents and my younger cousin. It was very last minute but I called the hotel after finding it on google and told them what I needed rooms wise, the lad I spoke to was so helpful and accommodating I told him that 3 out of the 4 guests where disabled and 1 of them was in an electric wheel chair. He told me the rooms I had booked gave me a description I was happy so then confirmed the booking. Then horror struck I made a rookie mistake I actually work for a travel agents and have done for years as well as working on cruise ships. I NEVER CHECKED THE REVIEWS !! I was so worried after reading all the horrendous reviews I contemplated canceling the break for them. Instead I called the hotel the hotel and spoke to the manager I told him about my concerns he assured me that they would do everything they could to accommodate them and that they where in the process of doing over the rooms as and when they can. He told me that 1 of the rooms I had booked had been renovated in the last 12 months and one of me hadn't. He put my mind at ease and the fact he was honest with me about the rooms settled my mind. My family went on the Monday and I gave them I call to see how they where getting on (I was crapping myself !!) my dad said they had arrived at the hotel and there was a mix up with the rooms which was sorted straight away. My grandad can only sleep in a chair and the staff where so helpful they even put an arm chair and stool in his room and removed the bed for him. My dad needed clothes washing one night and one of the female members of staff possibly Dana ??? Washed them for him. My family said that there was a lot of choice for breakfast and that the soup was the nicest soup that they had had in years. The lady on the first night changed their dining table to accommodate for them for access. I am so glad that I didn't cancel because of the reviews and they are already planning for there next stay at the hotel in October thank you so much to all the staff that helped make their little break truly amazing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kevin R
Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed at the Risboro fri to mon very good hotel in a good position too seafront staff cant do enough for you , food very good yes there are parrots and lizards in cages but they are all very well kept, lots of stairs and steps with a small lift that goes too the 2nd floor but one floor above that good swimming pool i would go back again how its got such bad press is beyond me well worth a visit well run

Room Tip: low numbers are on the ground floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Risboro Hotel at the beginning of July. Do not be taken in by the brochure as the hotel is far from what is portrayed in it. There is a collection of parrots and lizards in cages in the Reception area! The roof garden was inaccessible due to furniture blocking the stairway up to it. The male changing area of the pool had no lighting, no fitting for the shower head in the one and only male shower cubicle, dirty first aid plasters on the floor which made it clear that the whole area was not serviced regularly. The lounge bar was often unattended. The room was dirty and had broken furniture. The bathroom had black mould round the bath and wash basin/taps and the bathroom suite was an assortment of colours. The cutlery/crockery in the Restaurant was dirty. We have been in many and "old and tired" hotel in our travels but this one beats them all. We read reviews about this hotel before we booked and thought maybe it wouldn't be as bad as some of the reviews given but it was! In our opinion, this hotel should be closed down as it is a health and safety risk. Thankfully the weather was good!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank BruFin

Travelers are raving about these Llandudno hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Just on my way back from a weeks stay in the Risboro Hotel Llandudno ( Gee Vee coach travel )

I will start from the very beginning & give my honest opion I'm not a picky person or just being nasty just stating the facts so others know & after talking to alot of people am sure many agree. I did read the reviews but thought it can't be that dirty!!!!

The Coach driver was great no problems at all always friendly & reliable!!

On arriving at the hotel we were greeted by young guy ( can't remember his name ) was 26 i think looked alot younger, he was always really friendly, helpful & genuine!! We were told that the rooms we requested were not ready til tomorrow so could we swop then, annoying as we had rung twice to make sure as my family have restricted mobility & swopping rooms Isnt as easy as that. This was sorted out but not a great start.

The rooms are terrible & scabby & old fashioned. I wasn't expecting a 5* by any means . But I expect a clean room, this was NOT. I know everyone has different options on clean but I assure you it was mucky by any standards you could write your name in dirt on the telephone, wall paper in places was hangin off. This comment on dirty rooms is put alot SORT IT OUT!! The cleaner really DOES NOT do a good job!! The TV was sooo old I wouldn't bother putting it in, the shower just trickled. My grandad didt have a shower, some rooms don't which is very odd for hotels not to have a shower these days.

My door key opened my mum / dads room & my Auntys & next but 1s I found this out by mistake . Not safe at all!!!!! Why does this happen!! God knows what other keys opened what!?

Maid service wasn't good. I did get clean towels everyday ( some didt ) but our bed was only made once, dont know why?? think she came in dumped the towels & left. Sink never cleaned. Does anyone check the maid or cleaners work ever??

Breakfast was good plenty of it, waiting staff are brilliant nothing is too much trouble for them. Dinner is quite poor very processed & limited choice the desert menu is very boring was almost the same every night.

Entertainment was pretty good. Altnough it didt turn up 1 night. ( 4 out of 6 nights on ) Elvis was good but he is on twice in the week, needs something different really. Mark I think his name was the other singer was good, bubbley & friendly. The last night was a drag act that was good.

The swimming pool was dirty round the sides the window had green slime down it from just not been cleaned properly! Why isn't this hotel cleaned properly ?? Who cleans it?? Get a new cleaner.

Llandudno is a great place very friendly & great for people with restricted mobility as the sea front shopping area are nice and flat.

The Risboro has terrible disabled access, to say mainly older people stop there. We struggled round the back entrance through a fire door with 3 wheel chairs which led into the ballroom where someone put an old unsafe looking ramp down on a very steep step. ( she was very helpful ) but was a joke!

There are parrots in cages in reception as other people mention my boyfriend loved them I quite liked them some thought it was weird!!

The Risboro is old fashioned which i dont mind yeah the carpet is old but NO EXCUSE for dirt!! Shirting boards not clean.

Thanks to the staff that did help us out on our stay & get cleaning & updating the rooms. Unfortunetly we will not be returning to the Risboro!!

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Rowellen2
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a weekend break in the Risboro hotel and after reading the reviews we were a bit nervous to go, however I can honestly say that these reviews in my opinion are some way from the truth. The staff are exceptionally hard working and polite, The rooms are clean and tidy. The food was delicious with a good selection and the entertainment was first class. All in all we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and will be returning in August

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank jenks8055
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Dirty hotel rooms not cleaned every day even if you asked. The bathroom not cleaned the whole week we were there. try to pack in as many people as possible without having suitable rooms to allocate. In our group some had good rooms others had to put up with what we were given .Would not recommend and if I had been on my own would have left the same evening we arrived.I do not recognise the description posted by Paddy who was on the same tour.Others in the group also complained. Shabby I can take but dirty no.

Room Tip: Was only offered the same but on another floor slightly cleaner
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends