“You can count on the County.”
Review of Bay County Hotel

Bay County Hotel
Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“You can count on the County.”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and i just returned from a 5 day break with national holidays at this shearings bay hotel.This seafront hotel is in a excellent position within easy walking distance of the town centre,There was a good choice of food available for each course on each day,well cooked and served by our super efficient waitress AGGI,nothing was too much trouble for her,and always had a smile.All the staff that we came into contact with were very pleasant.Our seaview room was clean and had everything we needed,cant comment much on the entertainment as we didnt go,but heard from other guests how good it was.We agree with some previous reviews about the bar prices,but hey ho nobody forces you buy,so take it or leave it the choice is yours,Thankyou all at the county we will be back.

Room Tip: we had a 1st floor twin,couldnt fault it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jds07a
TheCountyHotel, Manager at Bay County Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Many Thanks for your review Aggie and Chef seem to be enjoying a lot of very good mentions at the moment. I will have to be careful they might be approaching me for more money if this carries on. I'm so glad you enjoyed your midweek break with us.
Andy Travis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
wigan
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife, myself and two friends have recently spent New Year at the Bay County Hotel in Llandudno. Everything about the hotel was good. We had comfortable rooms, a good choice of excellently cooked food, good entertainment and the staff were very helpful. Our waiter, Bruno from Portugal, was pleasant, efficient and very helpful. My compliments to the manager and all the staff for a very enjoyable holiday.

Room Tip: Go for a 'Superior Room' with a sea view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank tom1415
TheCountyHotel, Manager at Bay County Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear tom1415
Many thanks from myself, Chef and Bruno we are delighted with your comments and so pleased you enjoyed your New Year with us. Thank you for taking the time to post such a smashing review.
Red Lodge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and i have just returned from our New year holiday at The bay County hotel in Llanfdudno ,we would like to say what a very nice hotel to spend a holiday at. The food was very good and there was plenty of it. as for the staff they could not have done more to make our stay more enjoyable, Our polish waitress was an absolute treasure always asking if we needed anything more. Nice clean furnished room as was the rest of the hotel. We would definitely recomend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CharesP
What a fantastic review working over the holiday period can be quite difficult but getting such positive reviews can make it all worthwhile. I will pass on your comments to Aggie who will be delighted.
ASHTON UNDER LYNE
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed at the hotel Saturday/Sunday in one of the first floor seaview rooms.
The hotel on arrival is a lot larger than it seems. Reception area is set out well.
The staff are very wellcoming and were all very nice throughout our stay.
The ground floor area has plenty of very comfortable seating area`s with 2 very nice lounges with old style fireplaces. There are also a couple of well stocked set of bars.
There is a lift but it is small for a large hotel.
There is also a ballroom with a bar and a stage for live entertainment advertised as every night.
The ballroom is quite large with plenty of varied seating and the beer is of good standard and the entainment provided was very good.
The bedroom was at the first floor with a seaview and was set out with good style furnishings with a wash basin in the room and a good shower and toilet room on suite.
There was also brewing equipment and a hairdryer and a clock/radio/alarm.
Two comfortable chairs were also in the room and the seaview was excellent.
The dining room was very large and well set out with meals being served by really nice staff.
The quality of food was excellent on each course and selected from a menu.
Breakfast was again a menu choice and served and was excellent.
The hotel is quite old and our room deco was a little dated.
Overall a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a seaview on the first floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KEVIN M
TheCountyHotel, Manager at Bay County Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
DearKevinM
Many thanks for your very detailed review and I must say you take excellent photoghraphs. Room 110 is due a full refurbishment in Feb 2014 when we plan to put the wash basin in the shower room. I,m so pleased you enjoyed your weekend with us.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hotel is well located on the sea front and about 10-15 minutes walk from the main pier/Great Orme. I had a sea view room and it was worth the extra few £'s. The manager explained everything that would happen to our group before we went inside which I haven't experienced before and that was nice.
I had a single room (311) which was very clean and well presented and I found it very comfortable. I only had a bath and not a shower which was disappointing but bearable for a one night stay. The hotel is obviously an old building but is well maintained and very clean.
The meals are basic but nicely cooked and were included in the price. The waiting staff were excellent, very polite, very attentive and always cheerful. The restaurant is a nice setting. We also received 4 free drinks which was great !
I found the staff to be a lovely, friendly and helpful bunch of people, the manager, the bar staff, the waiting staff and a special thank you to the young lady on reception who sorted me out a plaster for my poorly finger !

I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
9 Thank JonDC71
TheCountyHotel, Manager at Bay County Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear JonDC71
I am delighted to read your comments regarding your short stay with us and especially the one about our frendly and helpful staff. It's great to know that someone is listening to me when I get on the coach on arrival.
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We've just spent a midweek festive holiday with Shearings at this hotel ,good bits , the staff were great nothing was too much trouble , we were given 4 free drinks each each day so prices were not a problem , coming from the south of England they were about the same as our local anyway.The entertainment and the company of the guests more than made up for the odd bit of wear and tear of the hotel.
The rooms were comfortable and quite roomy and there was always enough milk and tea left for us , the bath was a disappointment the shower was so slow it was a job to get wet
the room needed to be redecorated , there was a water stain on the ceiling and tears in the wallpaper .
The only other problem was a lift that was only big enough for 2 people .This did not spoil our holiday as we always go to enjoy ourselves reguardless
We are going back to Llandudno with Shearings to thier other Hotel , will see how that compares

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank colin5600_1
Dear Colin5600-1
Many thanks for your balanced review I'm sure a lot of Trip Advisor readers will find it helpful. I am very happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay despite a couple of minor problems and I will be interested to see how we compare with the Marine Hotel.
Co. Durham
Reviewed December 19, 2013

From boarding our bus at Darlington on Friday to getting home on Monday afternoon we had a wonderful time.
We were welcomed by Andy when we arrived in Llandudno. All of the staff made our weekend relaxing and enjoyable and we wouldn't hesitate in recommending The Bay County Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
TheCountyHotel, Manager at Bay County Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Reneno
Your review has made my day you have summed up a perfect weekend and given me a mention as well I couldn't ask for more.