Bay County Hotel
Priceline
Headlands Hotel(Llandudno)
$80
$78
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
$51
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
$113
PremierInn.com
Hen-Dy(Llandudno)
$95
$92
All reviewsshearings hotelsdining roomsea viewself driveshearings breaknational holidaysshearings coachevening meallovely positionentertainment roomtown centrepublic roomsmonday to fridayexcellent value for moneymobility problemsthird floorplenty of hot water
Reviewed March 3, 2013

just came back from this hotel , even tho we had lots of fun (made by our selfs) . room very small , on first going in to the room we was met by the smell of wee . but we just got on with it , over all tho room very clean but update could help , time for a nice cold larger NO think again it was so flat( the pumps could do with a good clean ) couldnt drink it thats how bad it was . now time for tea ( what a let down being a school cook i give my kids more and better ) , did sleep very well then up for breakfast . NOT BAD but did fill me , out for a walk lots to do back to the hotel . wow i need a nice glass of larger , no still as bad gave up coke it is then .. to the hotel not all bad your hotel is very clean pat on the back for the cleaners .. meal times the staff work so hard , bar staff so need more training . head barman get rid hasnt a clue . when you go away i dont want to go out of the hotel to find a good pint , but did injoy our stay if i came agin i would upgrade my room for sure . food did inprove on the sat night change of chef? :)

Room Tip: upgrade your room . sea veiw
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
TheCountyHotel, Manager at Bay County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Reading your review it is obvious you enjoy a pint of lager. The bar manager has been with us for many years and looks after three bars including our public bar he spends a lot of time looking after the pipes and the quality of our beers. I appologise for your disappointment.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have just returned from a 5 day, 4 night Shearings break with my 13 year old granddaughter. Our room was on the first floor, so we had no need to use the life (which did look a bit small), and our cases were delivered to and from our room. Our twin room was of a good size with plenty of wardrobe/drawer space for the two of us. Yes it could have done with a bit of re-decoration, but it was clean and warm. We had an over the bath shower, which was extremely powerful with really hot water, one of the best showers I have had in a 'coach' hotel. Ok our view wasn't great, but we were only sleeping in the room not spending the day gazing out of the window! I have noted complaints about the TV, but to be honest ours only went on in the morning, and before dinner, so we weren't really bothered. The dining room was large, and with three coaches there, quite busy, but we never had to wait long for our meals. Breakfast was enough to set us up for the day, and there was a varied evening menu, which was very well cooked. Personally I wasn't keen on the 'roast' chicken, which was just a chicken breast, and a bit tasteless, but the rest of the food was very good. Yes, I did find my bed a bit hard for my taste, but my granddaughter thought hers was very comfortable and slept like a top! The room was cleaned everyday, and towels replenished when necessary. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel is situated right on the prom, and as our trip didn't involve too much rushing about to get onto coaches for trips, gave us a chance to walk along the prom and round the shops. We were lucky that we had beautiful sunshine all week, although it was very cold. We enjoyed the bingo every evening, but were disappointed that it didn't happen on our last evening, on Thursday, although there was a notice in reception to say there was bingo. We didn't stay very long for the rest of the entertainment, but I was given to understand that it was very good. The ballroom could have been a bit just a bit warmer, but an extra layer sorted the problem. The 4 free drinks vouchers per day were very good value, which meant my budget was helped! I would definitely go back to this hotel, and, having been on a few coach holidays, there aren't many I would say this about!

Room Tip: If you can go for a sea view room. I was on a tight budget so was unable to, but would next time.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NanWatford

Dear Nanwatford
Lovely to read how much you enjoyed your holiday with us I'm glad you had good weather and its sounds like you made the most of it. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Good value. Excellent location, friendly staff, good choice of food. Rooms and bathroom warm but in need of a makeover. Ballroom in need of better ventilation. Lift too small and very unstable but overall a good hotel,well worth a visit and good value for money for money!

• Stayed: February 2013
TheCountyHotel, Front Office Manager at Bay County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Tirlebrook
Thank you for your review we are currently refurbishing 12 bedrooms as we do every year but as you will agree it's a never ending task. I'm very pleased that you appreciate what very good value for money we are.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited this hotel on a coach tour with my mum. We paid an extra £30 for a sea view room - which I have to say is worth paying because the other rooms seemed to be totally shabby and very small according to other guests.
The room we had was one of the newly refurbished ones. It was a twin room of average size. Nice big bathroom with walk in shower.
It is sit down meals as opposed to buffet style. It was a nightmare. You are allocated the same waiter/waitress for your whole stay.
We had drawn a short straw because we had a Polish girl who was as fast as a snail. Other guests came in ate and went and we were still sitting waiting to get our food. So basically its your luck of who you get.
The food portions are tiny. One night we had roast beef and we had one tiny slice each. They seem to give you lots of potatoes and vegetables but not much of anything else. Not much choice of menu either.
The entertainment is average - singers, bingo, comedian.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kazzakat73

I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed with the food and service in our dining room. We pride ourselves on good polite service and quality food and looking at other reviews generally get very good comments.
General manager

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just returned from self-drive a visit to this hotel. Found the steps to the entrance daunting but as we were able to park right outside on the promenade managed to get our luggage in. (Porters are available, I think?) We were assigned a room; 131 on the lower ground floor. Facing the front but no outlook as below garden level. On the end away from ballroom (entertainment very, very loud!) so it was quiet. The mattress was terrible. Mentioned this and a memory foam topper was put on- better but not really good enough for achy bones!! TV small old type!
Food was excellent. Staff all very friendly and obliging.
Overall, as we had half-price repeat booking (£79 for 2!) a good weekend!! Thank-you Shearings!!

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, don't mind having no view, or a rubbish mattress choose room 131! Everything else is ok!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Nannaholywell
You are correct we do have porters on duty to help with luggage. Room 131 is currently being refurbished and fitted with a flat screen TV. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and at those prices got a real bargain.