Bodysgallen Hall & Spa
Hotels.com
Headlands Hotel(Llandudno)
$80
$77
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
$51
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
$100
Hen-Dy(Llandudno)
$94
$91
All reviewsnational trustconwy castlethe cottagescountry houseafternoon teathe main housedrawing roomprivate gardenformal gardenssmall kitchennorth walesdining roomsteam roombodnant gardenspublic roomsnight porterbirthday treat
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Beautiful country setting with views of Conwy castle for the dining room. beautiful rooms too. My only complaint when b and b is so expensive is the very poor breakfast far worse than in any 3 star hotel, come on a £7 supplement is ridiculous for a cooked breakfast. Cold croissants, no cheese, ham etc. You could easily get this one right and need to if you want people to keep coming. Also walk in showers are better for older people.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was spirited away here for a surprise birthday weekend. Sumptuous and tasteful accomodation. service impeccable in a calm, smooth running way. we had a cottage a few yards from the main hotel where we enjoyed relaxing with the dogs. the grounds are beautiful. The food and wine excellent. It is a haven of luxury and class. Wonderful. Everyone should try it out. well done NT.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

After taking care of our grandchildren over the bank holiday weekend, my husband surprised me with a stay at bodysgallen hall and spa to recover after chasing our two year old grandaughter and three year old grandson round for three days... and that is exactley what we done total relaxation. My husband and I had the pleasure of spending an amazing night and two days at this outstanding historical splendor. The sweeping drive up to the hall was lovely, to reach reception you do have to climb a fair few steps from the car park, there is a longer way around if you are in a wheelchair although this was not necessary for our stay. Reception was very welcoming and upon check in Andrew showed us to our room, which was situated on the front right hand side overlooking the gardens, conway castle snowdonia national park and beyond, the views from the three huge windows where simply breathtaking. We decided to take a lovely walk through the beautifuly kept walled gardens that seam to roll on and on, through the woods to the terrace at the end of the gardens and I was stunned at the view, words can not discribe the scenery it is a view I will never forget simply Wow! .. for any artist this would make an exceptional drawing area. We ventured back to the hotel through the grounds and there are also cottages that you can stay in as well as the main hall, we passed about 3 cottages but there may be more. We sat on the veranda and orderd drinks as we sat waching the sun set a waitress brought our menu to have a brows over before our reservation for dinner. Andrew served our drinks and another waiter served canapés and nibbles complimentary. The hall itself is kept as perfect as the gardens, lovely clean and fresh. Our room was spacious airy and warm with seating area for reading and our bed turned down before we retired for the evening. Our meal at dinner was delicious, served and enjoyed with class, local fresh food some even from the garden. Although we did visit the spa for a look around we did not however, have the time to enjoy it. On our departure, my husband and I took a tour of the tower which gave 360o view over the boddysgallen estate by Andrew the gentleman who showd us to our room. Nothing was to much trouble during our stay everything we asked for was catered for, you are going here for a break and that is just what we got, please note as this is a historical building there is no iron in the room and they do have a dress code in the main dining room for dinner. Tea served in our room spot on time as requested the following morning. We realy enjoyed our stay and would recomend bodysgallen for that very special occasion. If you are uneasy on your feet you may find some of the grounds a challenge...but remember you are staying in an historical building with antique furniture and paintings and uneven flooring in some rooms, but totaly worth the stay. If you want contemporary and cheep visit a premier inn..... if you want quality sophistication and unspoilt scenery this is the place for you, you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Our room was room 8, this had three huge windows which overlooked the amazing walled gardens and beyond. A spacious bathroom with shower and ample storage.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned home after spending four days at Bodysgallen Hall and it lived up to and surpassed all my expectations.It is a very special place where you can totally relax and know that whatever you want will be catered for by the very attentive and professional staff.I had a slight issue with one of the receptionists(not Hannah or Sally)and when I asked another member of staff what her problem was the answer came back that she was always like that - so that begs the question why is she employed there on the front desk?But overall she was just a small niggle in an otherwise perfect experience.The bedrooms are large,comfortable and spotless.The food in the dining room was amazing with an excellent wine list and the 1620 Bistro was really good with reasonably priced food.The Spa was well run and very clean with a small gym,pool,sauna and steam room.The treatments could be booked and although we didnt manage to get one as they were fully booked we were told by another guest that they were excellent value.Would I stay at Bodysgallen again?Yes I definately would and I would like to thank all the staff (bar one!)for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Welshflower
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights a year ago and can only say that, if anything , it was even better. It was lovely summer weather and we stayed in Box Cottage which was an absolute delight although I think that we would prefer the main building for a winter stay.
Everything about our stay was first class. A warm welcome, immaculate housekeeping,really top class food served professionally but without fuss. All this in magnificent surroundings. Both the hall and it's wonderful gardens are worth a visit in their own right.
Last time I moaned about the horrible traffic calmers / drainage channels on the long drive. Nothing has changed ! That apart, my wife and I would not hesitate to return. This really is a jewel of a hotel.that the National Trust appear wisely to leave the running to first class professionals.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple