Standing in over 200 acres of its own parkland to the south of Llandudno with spectacular views of Snowdonia and Conwy Castle. Believed to have 13th century origins, Bodysgallen Hall provides all that is best in country house hospitality, in fact, it is the highest rated country house hotel in Wales. Beautiful gardens include a rare 17th century parterre of box hedges filled with sweet-scented herbs, a rockery with a cascade, a walled rose garden, and several follies.
Historic House Hotels Limited has skillfully and sympathetically restored the 17th century house. The hotel has two restaurants, with imaginative food, which has been awarded three rosettes by the AA for fine-dining in the Main Hall, and is prepared from fresh local produce and complemented by fine wine. A Bistro called 1620, named after the oldest build-date of the Main Hall. In September 2008 this company donated all its interests in BODYSGALLEN HALL and the other two HISTORIC HOUSE HOTELS to the NATIONAL TRUST, with all profits benefiting the houses and the charity.
Bodysgallen's Spa, reached by a short walk through the gardens, was converted from an original stone-built farmhouse. It contains a magnificent 50-foot swimming pool, five treatment rooms, a relaxation room, whirlpool spa bath, steam room and sauna. The gymnasium has a wide range of equipment for all levels of fitness. http://www.bodysgallen.com/
Some of us had rooms in the main house while others had rooms in Hall Cottages…I had the Bailiffs Cottage. The cottages offer a greater degree of privacy and some have their own private garden. They are the ideal place for couples and families travelling together or a romantic break, and a perfect base from which to discover the glorious countryside. The cottages have a bedroom, some with two or three bedrooms, bathroom, sitting room and a separate area for making tea or coffee. VERY POSH INDEED and I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it was to wake up the next morning and see all this incredibly green lush landscape surrounding us. The 17th Century Parterre garden was just below where I was with boxwood planted in 1885.. All the cottages have beautiful gardens enveloping them. A joy to get up early, walk and take photographs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing in over 200 acres of its own parkland to the south of Llandudno with spectacular views of Snowdonia and Conwy Castle. Believed to have 13th century origins, Bodysgallen Hall provides all that is best in country house hospitality. Beautiful gardens include a rare 17th century parterre of box hedges filled with sweet-scented herbs, a rockery with a cascade, a walled rose garden, and several follies. Historic House Hotels Ltd bought and rescued the house from a dilapidated state in 1981 and restored the 17th century house and gardens. In September 2008 Historic House Hotels Ltd and its interest in all its properties were given to the National Trust to ensure their long-term protection, with all profits benefiting the houses and the charity.The 15 extremely comfortable bedrooms in the Main Hall offer several different room types, including the four elegant principal suites. Each bedroom is individually decorated and furnished with antique furniture, paintings and prints, enjoying glorious views of Bodysgallen's parkland or gardens, with some rooms having further reaching views of Conwy Castle or the distant Mountains of Snowdonia. There are 16 cottage suites with picturesque names like The Smithy, Box Cottage and Pineapple Lodge, are situated in the grounds, and provide accommodation for guests preferring a greater degree of privacy. Many cottages enjoy their own private gardens and some are in close proximity to the Bodysgallen Spa. All are charming and delightful. The Dining Room in the main hall has been awarded three rosettes for fine dining by the AA - the only restaurant in Llandudno to be awarded such - and offers imaginative meals prepared from fresh local produce and complemented by fine wine, and overlooks the gardens and has been recognised as one of the best places for Sunday Lunch in the United Kingdom by The Observer newspaper.The Spa is approached by a short walk through the garden or by a private road. Converted from an original stone built farm it contains a magnificent 50' swimming pool edged with comfortable reclining chairs, whirlpool spa bath, steam room and sauna. A superb gymnasium has all the latest technologically advanced equipment, suitable for all ranges of fitness. A comfortable Club Room is a place where guests and members can relax and enjoy drinks and light meals, which in the summer are also served on the terrace. Residential guests have full use of the Bodysgallen Spa.Bodysgallen Hall is situated about 2 miles south from Llandudno and the North Wales coast. It is surrounded by over 200 acres of beautiful gardens and wooded parkland. Bodysgallen Hall has magnificent views of Snowdonia, and Conwy Castle. It's the perfect setting for a relaxed holiday at all times of the year. The hotel is ideally placed for visiting the many historic castles and stately homes in North Wales as well as the famous golf courses that adorn the coastline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bodysgallen Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bodysgallen Hall Hotel Llandudno
- Bodysgallen Hall And Spa
- Bodysgallen Hall Llandudno
- Bodysgallen Hall & Spa Llandudno, Wales