“Wonderful staff, pleasant surroundings, great food.”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I've been a visitor to the Imperial Hotel since January of last year, and every time I visit, the staff are impeccably friendly. The food is delicious, and the place has an easy-going atmosphere. From the utterly delightful reception staff, to the duty managers, they all contribute to a lovely visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea-front room, but be aware they are slightly more expensive. All that I know about are...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank William D
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff wonderful, I will pass on your comments to the team and hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Imperial Hotel

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We booked in here for a Champagne Afternoon Tea on Good Friday after searching various hotels and locations and thought the deal sounded very good and the view would be lovely. We arrive at our pre booked time of 4pm and I had pre ordered one of the afternoon teas to be gluten free. When we arrived we were not sure where to go so we asked at reception at they just pointed to a room 'over there'. Well there were two rooms and we were not sure which one so I asked another lady who asked me for my voucher? I explained I did not have a voucher but I had pre booked this some time ago. She then tried to sit us in a dingy large room with a buffet style table. I said no we wanted to be by the window for the view. This was a special occassion for my nana's birthday. After more confusion we were told to 'find' a table by the window. I again said we had pre booked so I would assume there would be a table alloctaed to us but seems not. We were told someone would be with us shortly to take our order and I said we had already order by email and I require a gluten free one. We waited over 20 minutes for someone to come and then they again tried to take our order! I explained I had already done this once! We eventually got our champagne and lunch but we were squeezed onto the smallest table so not everything fitted on! We were right at the end and had hardly any view! Now onto the actual food. There were three tiny finger sandwiches that were on very stale dry bread and were awful to taste. The cakes and scones were delicious but unfortuately for me I could not eat any of the chocolate ones as these were not gluten free!! So as a gluten free person I had three small stale sandwiches, one scone and a barabirth cake. Not a lot considering the cost! We come to Llandudno a lot but I will not be dining here again. Service poor and food substandard and champagne tasted cheap!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

We regret your disappointment regarding your afternoon tea and would have preferred having the opportunity to address your points at the time of your visit giving us the opportunity to address your issues and rectify the situation rather than via this review. We had a large party having afternoon tea the same day and wrongly assumed you were part of the party. We take pride in offering our guests outstanding food and service and in this instance we obviously fell short which is unacceptable so we will be looking into this straight away. We are pleased you found the cakes and scones delicious and will mention to the Chef to ensure he makes gluten free chocolate ones for the future. The tables on our Terrace are all the same size and sorry to hear you found them small, the view from the terrace is one of the best in Llandudno and the same if you sit on either side.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Excellent three days in superior top floor room with balcony overlooking wide sweeping bay. Small lounge in room. Very comfortable and clean, bathrom very good.
Breakfast lovely, in conservatory, again overlooking the bay. Staff attentive and helpful. Reception staff very thoughtful and kind.
Evening bar snack meal superb, just ight for us.
This is a top quality hotel with all our needs catered for, car parkjing at rear very handy.
Lovely swimming pool, I also had pedicure whilst staying.
We have booked again in June and September.

Room Tip: Just ask and reception will oblige if possible, nothing too much trouble. Room overlooking bay the b...
1  Thank kathleen B

Thank you for a lovely review we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us,we look forward to seeing you again next month.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife took me here for my birthday with our kids. Took the family room very specious and clean. Breakfast was very nice and the staff are very very welcoming and helpful. It's location is brilliant. Take the tram to the great orme a wonderful experience. All in all well done imperial five stars to you.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your birthday and will pass on your comments to the team. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I visited this hotel in the days leading up to Easter and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff members are excellent and made me welcome. I asked for a sea view and was given a balcony room. It was up in the eaves of the hotel which meant the seaview was partially hidden from view. The bonus of a balcony at no extra price clearly makes this worthwhile for some people so this isn't a complaint in any way but I wanted a clearer view of the sea. I rarely ask to change rooms but was very impressed by the speed at which this was done. I even received a courtesy call to check that my new room met my requirements. I would just suggest if you are after a sea view it may be worth clarifying which of the options you prefer.

I dined in the restaurant, enjoying the warm croissants in the morning and the lovely food in the evening. There was live, gentle music most nights which was excellent. There's something special about dining with a sea view with harp music playing in the background.

The car park is small but the parking arrangements are such that on street parking isn't the hassle it is some places. I mostly succeeded in getting in the car park but managed when this wasn't possible without major problems. I realise the time of year may have affected this.

I would consider this my first choice of accommodation for this area and the loyalty card scheme set up seems very good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are pleased our staff sorted out your room requirements. We are also delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

just stayed here for the one night, we requested a room with a walk in shower as I do not like climbing into a bath to use a shower, when we arrived we were informed that we had been upgraded to a room with a walk in shower at no additional cost , so this was a good start, check in was smooth and without problem, the room was a nice size, clean , tidy, well furnished with all the usual bits and pieces you would expect, ok we only had a view of the back but it was for one night, apart from a few red wine stains on the carpet , everything else was as good as you could expect ,

the staff were very helpful, professional and pleasant all the time, the bar staff were friendly and the cocktails were flowing freely, if its not on the list just ask, restaurant staff again, well trained, polite and professional.

the Food, we had dinner here and i will say it was excellent, top class, very well cooked, presentation was as good as you will get in any Michelin stared restaurant and is a dining experience not to be missed if you want fine dining.

we did not use the swimming pool or any other facilities but they were being well used, car park is small but there is plenty of parking all around. we found the cost of this hotel very reasonable when you compare the price with what we pay down south , yes it is not the cheapest hotel by far but then if you want a cheap hotel there are plenty of them around Llandudno

overall this hotel is very good from start to finish, we arrived in Llandudno with a unit to drop of , we were asked were we were staying and when we said the Imperial we were told it was one of the best in Llandudno and it did not disappoint us.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed wonderful review, we are pleased you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had a meal at The Imperial while staying in Llandudno and were very impressed. We were drawn in by the menu advertized outside which is apparently the bar menu but we wandered into the restaurant and were so glad we did. It was more expensive but the food was superb and we are not easily pleased. Add to that excellent low key service, piano and sax playing in the background (live) a sea view if you get a table at the front and you get an extremely enjoyable experience. Be warned it IS pricey but for a special treat while on holiday we would say well worth it!