“A hotel of high standard and quietly efficient”
Review of The Imperial Hotel

The Imperial Hotel
Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
GreenLeadersSilver level
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“A hotel of high standard and quietly efficient”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have visited this hotel 3 times in 2 years and have had excellent service on all occasions. Our visits were so my husband could recuperate as he has been seriously ill. All staff were professional,helpful and friendly without being intrusive. Whilst it is unfair to single out any staff there were 3 who went out of their way to make our stays particularly memorable and deserve our thanks. These were Janelle, dining room manager Dave and head waiter Mohamed.
At all times the food has been exceptional for both breakfast and dinner.
The only slight criticism may be that areas of heavy use have become rather jaded however it is the best hotel we have ever stayed in and are looking forward to returning.
Must remember the marmalade next time!

• Stayed October 2013
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind words regarding our staff, your feedback will be passed on to them and we all hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Spent two nights in the hotel, the restaurant food is absolutely excellent, and the bar meals are the same. I found the location brilliant, unfortunately it was raining (not the hotels fault), but i guess on a clear bay the view must be awesome. The room was clean and the staff friendly. Absolutely no hesitation of returning to this hotel if I ever was traveling that way again. I must though concur with another review - bar prices - £4.60 for a bottle local beer - great taste but at that price? Anyway I chose to pay it, so should not really complain. Its a 4 star hotel, and I found it truly excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular pleased to read your comments regarding the friendliness of the staff and excellent food Thank you once again for choosing The Imperial and we hope to welcome you back soon.
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I recently spent another 2 nights at the Imperial and enjoyed my stay once again. The staff are friendly and accommodating without being interfering. My room was lovely as were the breakfasts with a huge range to choose from.
As I am usually a single traveller, it would be good to have special offers for singles please!

Room Tip: My room at the rear of the hotel was quiet and was everything I needed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review we are please your enjoyed your recent stay with us, please do ask at reception for the offers as many are available to single travellers. We hope to see you again soon.
Liverpool
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel is still of the same quality as in my previous review here. Very clean, rooms spacious, location excellent and breakfast of high standard. Would recommend to anyone staying for a night or two. Still not sure were they get the bar prices from? Drink elsewhere!

Room Tip: Get in car park early as it is too small for size of hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you to the hotel once again in the not too distant future
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My in-laws were staying here and we joined them for dinner at the end of August. The dining room is advertised as being open until 9 and our meal was booked for 8.30. However we were clearly in the way as the staff noisily laid the table for breakfast around us and rushed us in our order. When I asked for chips as an extra the manager barked at me that I didn't need chips as my meal came complete. As we were with my in-laws I let that go and did without my chips. My husband's vegitarian meal was cold and had to be sent back and even then was not very warm when it came back a second time. No customer service skills, it felt like the staff just wanted us out so they could go home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Issy12
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My stay here with a group of lads on a golf tour was excellent. My only problem was that we didn't spend very much time in the hotel iteself or the rooms! Will definitely look to stay here again but with the Mrs!

The twin room was very spacious & well equipped with great size ensuite and powerful shower. Service in the residents bar later on was great also as we decided we'd have a few more drinks after the local pubs had shut. Breakfast was also very good, personally however I prefer a buffet as I like to fill up at breakfast (or maybe I'm just greedy!?!)

As previously mentioned, very much enjoyed this stay, albeit it was only a short stay but definietly looking to come here again and stay for a little longer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are please to hear you enjoyed your recent stay, your comments will be passed on to the staff. We hope we will see you again soon with your wife or with your golfing friends.
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I have just spent a week at the Imperial Hotel and can't say a big enough 'thank you' for the help, support and friendliness of ALL the staff. Since my husband started with mobility problems a few months ago this is the first time we have been away and the support I was given with charging the battery for our scooter and coping with the wheelchair, plus other help, was great. Nothing was too much for them. Whenever I had a query at reception it was dealt with with a smile and helpfulness. We were able to book a room with a wet room and that was certainly a 'plus'. We had most of our meals at the Hotel either in the restaurant or a bar meal and they were all excellent as were the breakfasts. Our daughter and son-in-law had taken some of our equipment and our daughter came back with our daughter-in-law to help us get it home and they were all VERY impressed with what they saw - especially with the fact that the porter wouldn't let them lift anything to get the luggage into the car! Thank you all VERY much for your welcome, and your help and friendliness. Although we like to visit different areas of the country we certainly hope to return to the Imperial.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems' try and get one of the rooms with a wet room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sheila N
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, your comments will be passed on to all the staff, and hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.