1,325 results
All reviews car park leisure facilities fifth floor swimming pool sea view hotel guests large bathroom restaurant staff four star lovely hotel sea front first class superior room high standard evening meal following morning north wales
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We decided to stay for a night in Llandudno - it was a beautiful evening and the forecast was good so walking along the front we spotted the Imperial Hotel so on impulse we went in to have a look round and were impressed - nice atmosphere, friendly staff - We asked at reception if there were any rooms available and fortunately they had a room at the front with sea view and balcony - We Loved it - very clean spacious and the balcony was an added bonus - We woke up to a Lovely morning and decided to have breakfast on the balcony - One fault - the Tray Charge for meal in the room was £10 which we thought was a little pricey considering that we have stayed in five star hotels and tray charges have been around the £3 mark - On this one occasion reluctantly we paid but in future when we stay at this hotel we will be having breakfast in the restaurant area!! We will definitely return and hopefully get the same room too :-)

Room Tip: Room with a view and balcony
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I have just returned home having spent two fabulous nights in this beautiful hotel. From the time of our arrival until our departure, staff were friendly, courteous and extremely helpful and I would also like to add that their honesty and integrity are beyond reproach. Our room had all the comforts of home and although we didn’t have a nice sea view, the fact that we had only to walk out the front door to get to the beach more than made up for it. Breakfast left nothing to be desired with a great variety of juices, fruit and cereals as well as a full English breakfast which was cooked to perfection.

Our two days passed all too quickly and if we hadn’t had a very pressing engagement which necessitated our return home, we would gladly have extended our stay but we hope to return again in the very near future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read your touching comments regarding the staff, indeed it gave me great pleasure to pass on your remarks to them.

I was also very pleased that you enjoyed your accommodation and the quality of Breakfast.

Thank you once again for your valued feedback. I am sorry that you weren't able to join us for longer on this occasion, but we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have just spent a 2 night break at the Imperial Hotel. We paid extra for sea-view rooms and we were extremely pleased we did. Arrival at reception was very efficient and the tub of ice-cream given to us each was a lovely touch. We had 2 rooms and they were both well decorated, lovely and clean and brilliant sea-views. The lounge and dining-room were nicely decorated and there was a Pianist playing in the lounge on the Saturday night and also on the Sunday lunchtime whilst we were having scones and tea. The ambiance was really nice. Our evening meal and breakfasts were very nice . This is a really lovely hotel and we will definitely be looking at returning in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The imperial.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your 2 night break with us, and it was a pleasure to read your kind comments regarding the rooms, breakfast and dinner and your enjoyment of the Pianist playing Saturday evening and Sunday lunchtime.

Thank you once again for choosing The Imperial and we very much hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Although we didn't book this hotel for our short break, because of a double booking we were booked into here, I can only say how very lucky for us that we were.
From arrival to departure we enjoyed a wonderful time. Our room with a sea view and balcony was wonderful, spacious and spotless.
The meals we had there including breakfast were plentiful and tasty.
But best of all were the staff, especially on reception. nothing was too much trouble and I would highly recommend spending a little bit more on your hols for this lovely place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Judy G
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I was delighted that we were able to assist, and help to make your visit to Llandudno so enjoyable. I was particularly pleased that you so enjoyed your accommodation, and dining experiences.

I would additionally like to thank you for your kind words regarding the staff. Thank you once again for staying at The Imperial and recommending us so highly. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just spent 4 nights at the Imperial in Llandudno, over a Bank Holiday weekend - which we didn't realise until after we'd booked. Arriving after a totally horrendous train journey we were not at our best. We'd booked a twin bed room with sea view and were extremely pleased to be shown into a spacious and very comfortable room with ensuite bath/shower. Fluffy towels and toiletries provided, along with bath robes and slippers.

Since it was a corner room we had fabulous sea views both front and side. Tea and coffee making facilities to hand with assorted biscuits, also complimentary bottled water. Comfortable twin beds. We couldn't have asked for more.

Dining here is very adaptable with something for everyone, food available at almost all times throughout the day and evenings, including room service. The Breakfast has everything you could imagine and is fantastic value for money. You can eat in the Restaurant, on the enclosed Verandah, in the Bar Lounge or enjoy Room Service. We tried them all and the meals were never disappointing, totally delicious, both Traditional and "imaginative" with good quality ingredients.

The Imperial might be considered by some to be a little old fashioned but I would call it Traditional. The public rooms are Classic in design, relaxing and comfortable.

It tells me a lot about this Hotel when I found out that many of the Staff have worked here for a long time; the Manager 32 years and one of the Housekeeping Staff 9 years. It was very refreshing to find that all the Hotel Staff, from Housekeeping, through Bar Staff, Reception Staff and Dining /Kitchen Staff were extremely polite and incredibly helpful.

My son and daughter in law came to have Afternoon Tea with us one day and being Gluten Intolerant I was thinking I would miss out (as is most often the case wherever I go) but I was provided with a full Gluten Free Afternoon Tea - I could have cried. Nothing is too much trouble at this Hotel.

Sitting at the window in our room, looking out to the sea and doing a crossword was just lovely, or just taking a gentle stroll along the Promenade..... we may be getting a bit long in the tooth but the Hotel does also cater very well for youngsters!

Believe me when I say that I am very fussy, I don't exaggerate and just in case you are wondering, I don't know a single person there. We will definitely be going again. It's just a pity that all Hotels don't give the same level of care to their clientele.

Room Tip: Not qualified to say but I would think they'll all be good - just different
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank RosyinYorkshire
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay with us. I was delighted to read your kind words and it gave me such pleasure to convey your comments to the team.

I was particularly pleased to read that you so enjoyed your accommodation. We are indeed very privileged to offer fabulous position with beautiful views across the sea shore and the Orme. I also very much appreciated your complimentary description of our traditional decor throughout the property. We are certainly very lucky to benefit from being part of Llandudno’s iconic architecture, and proud of our historic and traditional authenticity.

I was additionally delighted to read of your enjoyment when dining at the hotel. I would like to say I was rather touched by your remark that you could have cried upon learning a gluten free Afternoon Tea could be provided.

Thank you so much for your very kind words regarding our staff. We all hope to welcome you back again very soon.