“Another brilliant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Derby, U.K.
“Another brilliant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is our fourth visit in a year to the Imperial Hotel, Llandudno. We have just returned after a 6 night stay which again proved excellent.

From booking in last week, everything ran like clockwork.

The food in the restaurant is excellent. The quality of meat is exceptionally good and we even visited Edwards the butchers in Conway, where the Imperial buy their breakfast meat from, so good was its quality.

We ate five nights out of the six in the restaurant, where the service was extremely good and meals of a high standard. I love sitting on the terrace for meals, obviously dependent on whether there is space or not, but a few minutes wait for a table for breakfast was the most we had to experience. After dinner at night, we moved across onto the other side of the terrace just to watch the world go by.

Our room was a side facing sea view, which again was excellent, extremely clean and wanted for nothing. It was just so nice to look out over the sea at the lovely views of Llandudno promenade and the Orme.

The staff are really friendly and obliging throughout the hotel and nothing is too much trouble.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, and certainly am looking forward again to when we can get away to the Imperial. Certainly Christmas is looking good, if not before.

Room Tip: Sea view is certainly inviting to most people and very relaxing.
1 Thank MELDerby_U_K_
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing once again to stay at The Imperial and taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent visit.

We were thrilled to read that you had such a fabulous experience and thank you very kindly for your recommending the hotel so highly.

In particular, I was most delighted that you enjoyed dining with us, found the service to be excellent and that you had the opportunity to visit the butchers where we locally source our high quality meat.

Additionally, I was very pleased to read that you so enjoyed your accommodation, indeed the sea and Orme views we are privileged to benefit from are so very relaxing.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words regarding the staff and their friendly and dedicated approach to service. It gives me the greatest pleasure to convey feedback such as this to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you again back soon, and certainly do hope you can join us for Christmas if not before!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
runcorn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is worth its weight in gold,from the manager to the cleaners all staff very pro active and curtious.Our room was spotless 329.All areas of this hotel well cared for.Food excellent in all a good experiance.Value for money,relaxing what a way to spend your time in Llandudno.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Imperial and taking the time to write a review of your experience at the hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that you found The Imperial to be worth its weight in gold! Indeed it gave me great pleasure to pass on your kind words to the team regarding their proactive and courteous natures.

I was particularly pleased to learn that you found all areas of the property to be very well cared for, your accommodation spotless and your stay value for money.

I very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Imperial in the near future to enjoy a further relaxing stay.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here with my Fiance on 6th July 2013.

We booked a standard double room, which was absolutely huge. It was clean and of the standard we'd expect from a 4 star hotel.

We didn't eat dinner or drink in the hotel on the evening as we went out. But we did have breakfast the following morning and the food was absolutely fantastic. No complaints.

The only complaints I do have are with the parking and the noise. The car park is far, far too small for a hotel of its size and it was chaos when we arrived, with everyone blocking everyone else in.

We were on the second floor in room 219. I don't know whether the same applies for all rooms in the hotel, but we could hear footsteps above us really quite loudly (which was particularly annoying when it sounded like someone running around at 7am!).

With that said, this hotel has an excellent location, the staff were all helpful and courteous and we were happy with the room we stayed in.

1 Thank staceycav
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Imperial.

I was delighted to read that you found your accommodation and the quality of Breakfast to be so pleasing. I was disappointed to learn that you had encountered noise from the floor above you. Our Housekeepers would not have been on the floors at this time in the morning, so I would imagine it may have been guests departing. I am truly sorry for the disturbance this caused at such an early hour.

Additionally, whilst I was pleased that you found the location of the hotel to be excellent, I certainly appreciate your comments concerning the provision of car parking. Car parking space is regrettably limited across the central Llandudno area in general. We would naturally love to have a larger car park because it would make a dramatic difference to all our guests. However, due to the historic architectural layout of the Promenade area this is not possible, and we are certainly fortunate to have the limited space that we do have.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the demeanour of our staff. Indeed it gives me the greatest pleasure to convey such praise to the team. Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us, and I hope that we shall be welcoming you back to The Imperial again very soon.
Wellington, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

What a fab hotel, great staff, very clean and big rooms. We had a fab night away and will return and stay longer. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
I would say that it would not be idael for small children as geared towards adults.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Imperial and taking the time to write a review of your recent visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and certainly do hope you can stay with us for longer on your next visit!
Shropshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Mum & I have just spent 4 nights at the Imperial and enjoyed every minute of our stay. We both had lovely quiet rooms on the third floor, Mum's was very luxurious with a dressing room, a massive shower and a roll top bath! I have to say that this is by far the quietest hotel I've stayed in, there was no noise from nearby rooms, no noise from overhead, no noise from the night porter, no noise form the entertainment and no noise from the plumbing - as is so often the case in other hotels. If it hadn't been for the seagulls I'd have thought I was the only living being there! I don't, of course, mean that the hotel was empty, far from it, there were a lot of guests (as was apparent at meal times) but the hotel is so well carpeted and insulted that I just did not hear them.

Rooms were very clean and water, tea, coffee etc replenished every day. Nice complimentary toiletries and lovely clean fluffy bath towels, bath robes, slippers and iron & board in all rooms were appreciated.

Staff were friendly and helpful, particularly in the restaurant. The menu wasn't huge but there were additional specials every night and everything was beautifully presented, served with a smile and (if applicable) piping hot. Service was efficient and we were never kept waiting for an unreasonable amount of time. Breakfast is plentiful with a great choice of hot and cold food. I certainly need to go on a diet now!!

My only suggestion would be to put a note in the rooms explaining the card system, I was unable to get the TV or kettle to work and eventually rang reception only to be asked if I'd put my card in the slot by the door. Well no, I hadn't - because no one had told me I needed to and there was no mention of it in the guest information pack - although there was a detailed (and useful) card about what to do if the TV had no signal.

This hotel is very conveniently situated, right on the sea front, not far from the shops, the theatre and places of entertainment (both local churches have male voice choirs and singers which are well worth seeing) and not too far from the pier where open top buses, a land train and marine drive coaches are available.

We really enjoyed our stay and would happily return.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room (as we did) and you'll get one. Rooms 324 and 301 are certainly quiet and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank shropshiretraveller9
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Imperial and taking the time to write such a lovely detailed review of your visit. We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

We were particularly pleased to read your comments regarding your rooms, and that you found your accommodation to be luxurious and so quiet. Additionally, we thank you for your comments about the friendly and helpful service you received. Indeed it is a pleasure to pass on your very kind words to the team.

With regards to your suggestion concerning the provision of a note explaining the in-room card system, please be assured that I have conveyed your feedback to the relevant departments, in order that we may ensure all our guests are aware of this feature.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Imperial very soon.
Rossendale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

A Great weekend had by the family rooms and suits were all lovely and in great condition. We stayed from Friday to Sunday, Mum and Dad stayed an extra night.
The food in the restaurant excellent. The staff were fantastic and helpful, couldn't wish for more

Thank you Imperial Hotel for making Mum and Dads Golden Wedding anniversary a memorable time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Drewgee
ImperialLlandudno, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments we are pleased you and your parents enjoyed your recent stay and they enjoyed celebrating their Golden Wedding with us. We are also pleased you found our family rooms and suites lovely, the food excellent and staff helpful. We hope we will be welcoming you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

The rooms are spacious and the portering staff are very helpful. Good entertainment in the bar that included an excellent harpist.

There was an issue with the room maid. She only left one set of towels on the second day - I had to ask twice to have this corrected. On another occasion we had to phone reception for hand towels. I did not bother when on the last 3 days we did not get any face cloths.

The service at breakfast was also of concern. I ordered poached egg and haddock. On one occassion I had to wait so long that the others who had ordered had finished their breakfast before mine arrived. On another morning they lost our order and we had to reorder. I complained to the restaurant manager who brusquely replied the kitchen was busy. he did not apologies!! and his attitude was that I was being unreasonable!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, we are pleased you found your room spacious and enjoyed listening to our resident Harpist in the Bar Area. We will take up your comments regarding Housekeeping and Restaurant. We hope to welcome you back soon.