Rose Tor Hotel
Wildings Hotel(Llandudno)
  • Breakfast included
Hen-Dy(Llandudno)
View Hotel
All reviewsnoise from the streetgreat ormegreat weekend stayroom was cleannight lifebudget roomfree upgradecentral locationlong weekendno liftlovely hotelbank holidaywatch the worldtasty breakfastbars and restaurantsbay windowhighly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2012

One word to some up this 'hotel' would be disappointing. There are certain things you expect when checking into a hotel, complimentary toiletries and newspapers as standard. But not at the Rose Tor, newspapers are available from the newsagents across the road (thank you for including that in the welcome notice in the room, but if you don't do it, don't even mention it). I also read somewhere you get chocolates on the pillow, don't get your hopes up- no such luck!
Our room was pleasant enough, good enough size for a night or two, but the bathroom left alot to be desired. It was as though it had been lifted from a caravan and stuck to the side of our room- absolutely tiny! And the decor- must be updated right away, nobody likes an off green bathroom. But we weren't so bothered, we weren't staying for long and we still had breakfast to look forward to... Or did we? Nasty. Very limited choice of cereals, no fresh fruit or yoghurts and a standard cooked breakfast menu. The 'fresh orange juice' tasted like it had been watered down with orange cordial and the cooked breakfast my partner ordered was done on a budget for sure! (where is the need- don't you want your customers to come back?) You can forgive much or a hotel when you leave with a satisfied stomach in the morning, but unfortunately this was far from the case. Next time I stay in Llandudno it certainly won't be at The Rose Tor.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa_cheshire_12
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is a good hotel, plain and simple. The same applies here as elsewhere - you get what you pay for. If you want a 4* or 5*, then book one.

There are a couple of negatives but the positives far outweight them. Parking can be tricky, but patience is the key to finding a space. The hotel generally looks a bit tired, but I understand they are working on that. Our room was rear-facing which meant it was very quiet, but I'm told the front can be a bit noisy at night. Our room was quite small, but I have no problems with that as I don't spend much time in the hotel when I'm on holday. I have no need to swing a cat in the bedroom or bathroom, and found the room to be perfectly adequate. There are bigger rooms if the need to swing a cat is important to you. We found that noise travels quite easily around the hotel, particularly doors banging and TVs on, but this was not a major problem.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming, always cheerful and with a smile from the very outset. The breakfast is served promptly and looks and tastes good, and certainly fills you up! We didn't eat at the hotel at any other time, so I cannot comment on that. The bar service is good. There is free wifi throughout. The location of the hotel is ideal, right where the action is and just 2 minutes from the seafront.

All in all a great value hotel that I highly recommend and would return to without hesitation. Just don't complain if you pay 2* prices and expect a 4* hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AdamRH
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Look no further than this homely and clean hotel which has the added benefits of a gorgeous, popular carvery and its location in lively upper Mostyn Street.

Dave and his team ensured a warm and pleasant stay and I'll definitely be returning next year. Bedrooms are clean and comfortable but the best thing was most definitely the very popular carvery!!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Rose Tor is in a great location, being only a 5 min stroll from the Promenade, Pier, bars restaurants and shops.
We found all the staff very friendly and welcoming, a nice cooked breakfast set us up nicely for an active day. Although we didn't eat at the carvery other guests we spoke to, who had, were very pleased with the experience.
Room we had was the only small gripe, because it was situated at the rear of the hotel, there was only a view to the backs of other properties and it was up 3 flights of quite steep stairs, which may be a problem for guests with limited mobility.
The room itself was a reasonable size, clean and comfortable. Although the en-suite only had a shower and no bath, this was not a problem.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the front of the hotel when booking
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bob l
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I cannot understand why people have negative views about this place.
We stay every year and standards improve on each visit. I have stayed in 4 /5 star hotels throughout the world and paid the price for the privilege.
This is a nice comfortable hotel in Llandudno that has everything for a nice quite
weekend break and is reasonably priced

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family