Hen-Dy
Priceline
Headlands Hotel(Llandudno)
$80
$78
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
$51
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
$113
PremierInn.com
All reviewsfamily suitesea frontgreat hoststop floorfirst classwarm welcomehighly recommend this hotelfull englishshort breakfantastic staylooking forward to our next visitsmall hotelhigh standardsea vieweaster weekendhotel is situatednothing is too much trouble
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Just stayed one night. Proprieters couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.The room and breakfast superb. Excellent value for money. We have stayed in Llandudno many times. By far the best B&B.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank warrington52
Reviewed January 10, 2011

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying the nights of 6th, 7th & 8th January, 2011. From the moment David answered the door to warmly welcome us on arrival, to the point of departure when Louise nearly had to push us out of the door (joking she would never do that) - we felt at home. Spotlessly clean (and we're very, very fussy - almost to the point of obsession), excellent breakfasts in a superbly decorated room, genuinely friendly service and conversation with Team Wialliams, a bedroom I could have happily lived in permanently and the view from it was prom, sea, beach (when tide out of course) and hills. One would be hard put to find a such a perfect combination anywhere - but thanks to my haidresser Chris who recommended it - we did. Go enjoy yourself!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2010

This is a good old-fashioned family run guest house (which clearly likes to think it's a hotel) with a second-to-none location, right opposite the pier. At the time of booking, Hen Dy was actually the number one hotel on Trip Advisor in Llandudno! Well, that's ridiculous. Not only is it not really a hotel, there are plenty of much more upmarket (and expensive) hotels dotted around the town. But having said all that, if you like this type of establishment, it does its thing pretty well.

The owners take great pride in the place and hang around the bar in the evenings (in a good way I hasten to add) attempting to entertain the clientele with their wit and repartee.

Bedrooms are slightly dated, too chintzy for my taste but not unpleasant, and everything is kept spotlessly clean. Incidentally those who have difficulty climbing stairs should be aware that there is no lift, and it is quite a hike to the top. The guest lounge on the ground floor is beautiful, very spacious and has stupendous views over the Prom.

I thought the cooked breakfast was rather greasy and didn’t like it, but the lady of the house clearly thought that I must be insulting her cuisine when I left half of it. Otherwise the food was fine, with plenty to eat.

There is a little car park round the back and they will squeeze you in if need be. Otherwise they will give you a parking permit for the on-street parking at the front.

Would I stay here again? No. It’s just not my sort of place. But some people will find it is just the ticket. I think middle-aged families and couples who like things the way they used to be, and enjoy the family-run “mine host” atmosphere, will find Hen Dy right up their street. And as I said before, the location really is the best.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2010

'What a weekend', we've just returned after celebrating my 60th birthday with a number of family and friends at the Hen-dy. We have stayed in this hotel on numerous occasions and as usual the hospitality can only be rated as excellent. The hotel is comfortable, spotlessly clean and the breakfast on offer is plentiful and varied. For some members of our party it was their first stay at the Hen-dy and they were very impressed and said they would revisit at a later date.
Louise and David catered for our every need this weekend and I have to say that the Buffet and the 1960's theme party that was arranged by them for my birthday was excellent. I would like to say a big 'THANK YOU' to Louise, David and Ross who made my day so memorable.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed November 17, 2010

What a find!! Lovely little warm and cosy hotel, very clean and all facilities required for a perfect weekend. We had a sea view and the room was spotless and nicely presented. The bed was excellent and comfortable.We dont undertsand the negative comments by some about breakfast! We were very impressed with the choice, full english,mix and match pretty much anything on menu, kippers, porridge, plenty of various quality cereals to suit all ages, juices and freshly brewed tea or coffee! We found Louise and David, the owners, charming and very pleasant indeed. The little info folder in the room was straight to the point, and gave a list of places to eat and visit ( Try the Queen Vic on Church Walks... been twice and both times had an excellent meal, smashing!). We were made to feel welcome and comfy. It is clear that Hen Dy has its regulars, and we can see why. We would not hesitate to recommend this little Llandudno Gem and most certainly will return. Even parking was no problem witht the owners providing a parking permit for the duration of our stay.
Lovely, fabulous and cosy hotel with sea view, very romantic !

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple