“Out of this world”

Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Llandudno
Oswestry
“Out of this world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My wife booked this 1 night stay on Thursday 12th June we arrived at hotel at 2.30pm was booked in very fast at reception then handed over to Liam who took us to our room, which was beautiful & very clean.
We went straight down to the spa where me and my wife had booked there mid week special two treatments for £30 BARGAIN I went to the swimming pool & steam room whilst my wife had a back & neck massage then we swapped over excellent massage was so good she put me to sleep :-) after this I joined my wife in the sauna whilst waiting for my son to arrive with his partner once we were all together we went outside to another pool area and sun deck here we stayed until early evening around 6.30pm enjoying drinks and a sandwich then we all headed back for our rooms to change for dinner, we had a 5 course dinner included with stay which was out of this world & I mean OUT OF THIS WORLD we all chose fillet steak for our main and this came at about 4" thick cook so tender it melted in your mouth & was served with chips to which had been cooked to perfection blanched and fry perfect, I can't rate the food enough honestly it was the best I've eaten at any hotel in the uk and me and my wife have stayed in many many uk hotels paying upto £350 per night this stay including spa & 2 treatments evening meal & full English breakfast was only £165 all in :-D
I highly recommend this hotel and have put it down as my no1 hotel so far but is very popular so advance booking are needed as it is always fully booked up

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank BOW6N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

There's only 1 word to describe this hotel, Amazing! Rooms were immaculate, staff were friendly and helpful and the food is to die for. Perfect central location for a relaxing break with lovely scenery.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Both the hotel and it's staff lack charm. On arrival I don't expect the receptionist to deal with 4 guests at the same time - not a good first impression.

The room (in the annex) was in a bit of a time warp but was clean and had a good shower and comfy bed. The TV reception was really poor throughout my 2 day stay. The room key card also failed on 3 separate occasions (was not left beside my phone).

Whist breakfast was very good once again most of the staff lacked charm. All in all a disappointing stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Douglas B
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed for a family celebration and were impressed by staff on reception and by the bar for their friendliness and helpfulness.
The lounge area has character and staff are very efficient serving food at breakfast and evening meals.
Family members used the indoors pool and gym and had great fun
Our room was tastefully decorated but noise from the piano below and from the street was audible.
I would return as location to the beach, prom and shops was great

Room Tip: rooms on front of the hotel can be noisy from bar below and outside noise
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jacobs08
Dudley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have stayed at the Empire Hotel a number of times during the last 8 years. Th previous review said "as good as ever". I disagree - it is better. The new rooms are excellentand the dining room remains superb. The prprietors have also mamaged to improve the Achilles Heel of the hotel ' car parking. I gather that further improvements are on the way.

Altogether THE place to stay in Llandudno.

Tony Hart

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 513Tony
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

It is over 7 years since we stayed at the Empire and it is nice to confirm that the hotel is as good as ever, in fact probably better than we remember. We stayed for 4 days on a brief visit back in the UK and enjoyed a very relaxing time.The food in the restaurant was excellent and the rooms of course are stylish and extremely comfortable. Service throughout the hotel is attentive and very professional. Excellent value for money and we are hoping to return for a further stay sometime in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HilaryF124
shropshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Popped into this hotel for a pot of tea with family while visiting the town of LLandudno. All of us had our own individual teapots. Enjoyed our tea in the lounge. Hotel had lovely atmosphere and I feel next time I would like to stay at hotel! Watch this space.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family