Romeo Ristorante Italiano & Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Been here many times. Not the cheapest Resturant in llandudno but far and away the best in terms of quality of food and service. And good value for money when you take that into consideration. My personal favourite.

1  Thank Kim E

Reviewed March 1, 2014

After visiting Llandudno recently I had to write a review on this place. The food was quite simply delicious. I got talking to Pasquale, who when asked, informed me and that he was from the Campania region of Italy (near Naples - I have been to this area several times so I was very interested in what he had to tell me) . I found out through conversation that Pasquale was one of the restaurant owners and he said that as well as fresh local produce that he also imported ingredients/produce directly from Italy and that was local to his native region. The olive oil on the table was from an agriturismo (farm) from his home town and the red wine we had was also from a vineyard near to his hometown region. I will be checking out the links for these two places which Pasquale said are featured on his restaurants website. (Thanks to Fausto who was very knowledgeable and helpful in assisting us with selecting our wine choice).

It’s so nice to know that the ingredients and produce had been carefully handpicked and sourced from genuine Italian suppliers, none of your mass market supermarket stuff at this place you’re getting the real authentic Italian deal here and al dente pasta too (no soggy slop like at so many other bad Italian restaurants). I love the fact that they stick to their Italian roots as this is very important to me when I go to an Italian restaurant.

I love coffee so I must mention the excellent espresso I enjoyed at the end of my meal that Stefano kindly told me was Kimbo from Naples, again not your average mainstream stuff. Its quality ingredients and produce all the way here.

The ambiance in the restaurant was great and all the staff were extremely welcoming and sociable; Emanuel was very pleasant. By the end of my meal I was getting carried away and I could have mistaken myself for being somewhere on the Amalfi coast whilst I was sipping away on my ice cold Limocello (a must try).

Another added bonus to this place which is something else that is very important to me and something I always check on before I eat anywhere is that it has a 5 start hygiene rating.

If you’re after a 100% authentic Italian family owned and run restaurant that serves tasty traditional Italian food then Romeo’s is the place to go. I will be visiting many more times in the future and I can’t wait to try other things on their menu with is extensive and very reasonably priced and I’m so glad that I have finally found a restaurant that's genuinely Italian, its a gem of a place.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

After visiting this restaurant for 12 years now it’s still consistently wonderful and well worth our 240 mile round trip, we travel all the way from Derbyshire just to dine here and it’s still our favourite restaurant ever!!! We love Italian food and we have travelled all over Italy, so we like to think we know a bit about Italy and proper good Italian food. We love there amazing lasagne, it’s the best we’ve ever tasted with homemade tomato ragu and lashing of creamy béchamel sauce, yummy!!! We dream of it and get regular cravings for it; we only wish we lived closer so we could dine there every week. Romeo is still the best and most authentic Italian restaurant we’ve ever been too in this country. We love everything about the place, the mouth-watering food, the atmosphere of the restaurant and of course the friendly and lovely staff, special thanks too Stefano, Mano, Fausto, Pasquale and Mikey for making our Valentine’s Day very special. We love Romeo the best Italian Ristorante ever!!!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Had a meal here while we were visiting Llandudno with friends, We had been before so we prebooked as we know how busy it can get.We had a table in the window which was very comfortable. We all had starters, which we all enjoyed, two of us had pasta dishes for mains while the other two had steak in sauces,they were all delicious. We shared desserts as we were really quite full but who can resist at least half a pudding! It was an excellent evening,food was delicious and the atmosphere was lively while not too laud enabling us to enjoy some conversation of our own.

1  Thank 59jandh
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

As always lovely food here. Very sensible prices that bring customers back time and again. Service is always friendly and jovial. Thanks guys