“Rude ignorant waiter - avoid this place!!!!!”

Romeo Ristorante Italiano & Pizzeria
Ranked #21 of 205 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Rude ignorant waiter - avoid this place!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had booked a table for 4 at this restaurant and were looking forward to dining there. When we got to the top of the stairs there were people queuing for tables and so we were glad we had booked.

As the waiter showed us through the restaurant I noticed there was a table by an open window which looked free and I asked if we could sit there due to how hot it was, he explained that it was booked, so I shrugged and smiled a ‘never mind’ kind of look to him. He took us to a table which was set for 3 people and as there were 4 of us and we had booked, I said we would need another setting (again in a smiley face kind of way). He obviously didn’t like this and told me not to tell him how to do his job and that he would get an extra place setting when he was ready. He gave us 4 menus and off he went.

When he returned with the extra place setting he chose to continue where he’d left off by saying that he didn’t come to my place of work and tell me how to do my job and therefore I shouldn’t come to his place of work and tell him how to do his. He said that he came to work to escape a nagging wife! At this he set the 4th place and off he went.

I was furious! My husband got up & went to the bar to complain but in the meantime we had decided that there was no way on this earth we were going to give them our custom by eating there and we got up to leave. We met my husband at the bar and told him we'd changed our mind. The waiter found this quite amusing.

I’m sure they filled our table of 4 no problem. As we left the restaurant there was a couple perusing the menu outside and we told them not to bother going in as the staff were ignorant – they took our advice and moved on, which pleased me!

I cannot comment how good the food is, but I can comment on the staff and on that basis alone I would advise anyone to steer clear of this place, especially as the person in question is on the home page of their website.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Sylvana123

• Polish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Simply brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Fantastic food, large portions, great atmosphere, excellent service. No wonder its one of the best Italian restraunts in Llandudno

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Good portions too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is an excellent Italian restaurant. We booked a table and that seems to be a good idea given that it was very busy even on a Monday evening.

The meal was excellent. The portions were huge and more than enough. I often feel that Italian restaurants have modestly priced ingredients but over-price the final meal, not here though. I had Penne Arrabbiata and it was very good, indeed one of the best.

A word of warning for those with poor legs. The restaurant is on the first floor up quite a steep flight of stairs.

Manchester UK
“Lovely Evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had a evening meal on Friday night, didn't book but got a table, no problem.

Lovely staff and nice wine, food was lovely, it wasn't very hot, which I like, but if I'd asked they would have heated more.

Average prices.

Would recommend.

Nice setting.

Yorkshire
“Great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Visited Romeos on a busy Friday night, whilst in Llandudno for the weekend, they were very busy but managed to find a table for us.
The food and service was excellent, would have no hesitation in returning.
The only little criticism is that no bread was given with the starter of mussels, it had to be ordered and paid for as an extra!! which we found strange, but nevertheless we enjoyed our evening :)