“Good food and very nice staff”

Romeo Ristorante Italiano & Pizzeria
Ranked #20 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Recently I went to Romeo's with three friends to order take out to take to our hotel. The staff was helpful, accommodating, and cheerful, especially Emmanuel. We all loved our Italian food, and we would certainly recommend Romeo's to everyone.

There are newer reviews for Romeo Ristorante Italiano & Pizzeria

Reviewed September 3, 2011

My partner and I visited this restaurant after a short stay in Llandudno. Having stayed in a poor hotel we were greatly looking forward to returning home and certainly weren't thinking of returning but the food and atmosphere was so good we quickly changed our minds. Would recommend to all those out there who love Italian authentic food ...delicious!

Reviewed August 31, 2011

My friend and I visited Romeos on the bank holiday weekend just gone (august 2011) We took our chance and didn't book a table as it was a last minute decision to eat there. We walked in and we had to wait as the restaurant was very busy, and people were waiting before us, which was expected seen as we didn't book and it was very busy, so we did have a while to wait.

My parents have always told me that a busy restaurant is a good sign, so we decided to wait for a table. We were greeted within a reasonable time and the waiter was very apologetic and offered us a drink whilst we waited.

When we were seated, a good few minutes later the service was very good as each waiter was attentive, polite and I have to admit good looking too. Although it looked like a very hectic night the level of service we received did not lack quality.

I ordered a steak and I have to say it was gorgeous, I am very fussy when it comes to how my steak is cooked and I have been to many steak houses before, and although this is an Italian restaurant, their steak was defiantly up there in my top steak list. It was perfect and hit every one of my taste buds!

I did think that because they were busy they would have become sloppy and their food would have suffered however I was so wrong! Obviously the speed in which we received our food wasn't as fast as I would have liked but they were busy and that cannot be helped.

The only criticism I have is I wish we had of booked a table as we did have to wait. In future we will book a table and I will defiantly be returning here.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

gave us best table had available as knew was birthday meal, staff are very attentive but never felt in the way.

everyone friendly and helpful all night. Wine is good even house red is excellent quality. all food was excellent in quality and presentation and very good value.

you left feeling, full, happy and relaxed. would recommend to anyone and will be returning

Reviewed August 22, 2011

We were very dissapointed with our recent visit..

Having booked a table we were kept stood at the door waiting not just to be seated but even to be acknowledged for almost 5 minutes, I almost walked away an hour later I wished we had...I had the most bizzare Spag Bol where the Pasta was in a Tomato sauce not dissimilar to Heinz !!
Won't visit again.

1  Thank keith s
SOPRANOS82, Owner at Romeo Ristorante Italiano & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Romeo is a very popular and busy Restaurant , it sometimes happens that customers have to wait few minutes to be seated ,that is unfortunate and we are sorry for that.
as for the Spaghetti Bolognese the two main ingredients for the sauce we use are : 100 % Welsh local Beef and Italian San Marzano Plum Tomatoes ,and this is the way we have been making Bolognese sauce for almost 30 years. we are also awere that some people are not familiar with an authentic fresh homemade Bolognese sauce , and therefore some customers can be somewhat confused