“Burger Meal?? More like 'wouldn't feed your dog meal!'”
Review of Fountains Cafe Bar

Fountains Cafe Bar
Ranked #68 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Headed to fountains to eat lunch, and I wish we had gone somewhere else instead!

We ordered smothered chicken and my partner had a burger meal, which is a burger and a drink.

After half an hour our food arrived and I have never seen anything so disgusting in my life, the burger was a tiny, supermarket burnt burger on a cheap white bun, with no garnish and a load off frozen chips on a tiny plate, I would have been embarrassed to serve that at a cheap bbq never mind in a restaurant.

the smothered chicken was a absolute mess off grated cheese and whole flavourless mushrooms I presume were from a tin, in left my whole meal, as I wouldn't have risked eating the mess.

also you have to go and get your own cutlery like school dinners style.

what a huge disappointment and waste off money.
stick to being a bar, don't eat here.

1  Thank culinaryclass-nw
There are newer reviews for Fountains Cafe Bar

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I found this café when letting the family go on the holiday shopping expedition it was a great place to meet up and if you need a get away, need a coffee and want to read your paper then sit outside and watch the world go by !!! well maintained offering nice choice of meals with prompt service delivered with a smile

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Visted here on many occasions on nights out with friends, but can honestly say I am disgusted in the way the "part owner" (as he called himself) spoke to me when I complained. I order a Rekorderling cider and when it was served to me it smelt like sweat and tasted it to! I asked several other people to try it and they all said the same, when telling a member of staff she then told another who then went and got the "part owner" who told me I was lying and there was nothing wrong with it, it was clearly flat and working in a bar my self I know that they are not cleaning there pipes and if they are they should do a real job of it!! Customer service is poor its a shame really because It can be a nice place to come so so so disappointed!!!!!

3  Thank charlotte-marie123
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Popped in here with my wife whilst shopping in Llandudno. Glad we did.
Spectacularly good value. Special offer meal was burger and a drink for £4.89.
Tasty and fresh home-made burger (made from real meat from Cows), good proper chips, fresh salad and a pint of nicely cold John Smiths (other drinks available) .
Excellent friendly and quick service.
Tasty, fresh, good value. What more could you ask? And just compare with anything roundabout !
Well done Fountains, you did Llandudno proud.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I popped in here with my family whilst on a day trip before returning home from a week away in Wales.

There was a good selection of food and we all agreed that this was the best meal of the week.