“Great place,friendly staff”

Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We quite often go to this bar for breakfast when we visit Llandudno, the food is nice and not too expensive. The staff will bend over backwards to help you, I have a lacotse intolerance and need decaff tea bags and they have said they will let me bring my own milk and teabags and not charge me for the hot water. I know a lot of places that will charge so I think a big thank you has to go out to this restaurant for this amazing service. We have breakfast here which we share because there is so much of it and they allow us to have two plates to do this - you can sit inside or outside - we choose to sit out because we have a our dogs with us and they even provide water bowls for the dogs. I can not recommend this establishment anymore than I have done for the cleanliness, the food and the staff and the price. It is well worth a vista and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had lunch here on New Years day. We both ordered the Pie of the Day, which came with chips and peas. The service was quick, but that is about the only positive thing I can really say about our experience. The "pie" had a puff pastry lid on it, which probably was reheated as it was soggy. The bowl with the pie contents in underneath, consisted of chunks of beef, with minute pieces of onion and mushroom swimming in a vaste quantity of awful watery gravy. It really was quite unpleasant. The serving of chips was small, and although they looked crunchy, were again quite soggy. Once we finished we sat for 15minutes, and no-one in that time came and took our dishes away.

The toilets are downstairs, and the cubicle I went in to, was a struggle to get around the door without climbling over the toilet as there was just no room, and the lock didn't work. It just seems to have a really shabby feel to it, I presume because its also a late night venue.

I was really disappointed, and won't revisit again.

1  Thank embear2
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I went here for lunch on a Saturday, as we decided to go somewhere a bit different.

From the outside, it looks like a pleasant establishment, placed on a spacious corner plot. However on entering, it looks quite shabby with sticky tables to boot. My wife suggested we should leave, but I said to give them the benefit of the doubt.

The food an drink rder was made at the bar, where a wine and soda was presented as a wine and lemonade! The drinks order was rectified, but after a long wait, or meal was server, much to the annoyance of the table next to ours, as they had ordered earlier (and consumed more alcohol judging by their mood). We felt slightly intimidated at this point, not helped by the fact the waitress came out repeatedly to their table to ask what they'd ordered.

When the food arrived, it was mediocre at best. The chips were cold, and my wife's lasagne contained as much cheese as required for a family meal. I had chicken in BBQ sauce which was clearly straight from a bottle and very tart.

I can imagine that in the evening, as a "drinking" bar, it probably has a lively atmosphere and is well suited to that role, but as far as a daytime meal, do yourself a favour and visit the Fat Cat over the road.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Nice decor, helpful staff, good beer and plenty of choice on menu and 'specials'. Called back in the evening - too rowdy for us, more suited to 18-25s.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is probably a hit with the kids but as a place to watch football on wide screen TV, forget it! Some of the clientele seem to be alcoholics who enjoy verbally abusing each other, no wonder there are bouncers on the door!

1  Thank Peter W