“Ski with a sea view”

Llandudno Ski Slope
Ranked #11 of 95 things to do in Llandudno
More attraction details
Owner description: John Nike Leisuresport Llandudno offers a wide variety of activities for everyone to enjoy.Situated 415ft above sea level, Llandudno Ski & Snowboard Centre boasts spectacular views of Llandudno and the Irish Sea.With activities to suit the whole family, we can offer you Skiing, Snowboarding and Snow-Tubing on our brand new Perma-Snow surface, laid in July 2012. We also boast the longest Toboggan run in Britain, sure to be a hit with the kids. Unwind after all the fun in our Alpine Lodge, serving delicious hot and cold food throughout the day. Why not try our infamous Alpine Hot Chocolate to warm your boots after an afternoon of activities, whilst gazing out over Llandudno.Open all year round, Llandudno Ski Centre promises to offer you a fun packed day for the whole family.
Conwy Valley
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Ski with a sea view”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was taught to ski from scratch by the instructors here. They also tried to teach me to snowboard but I couldn't get the happy medium between relaxing and falling over! At least I tried, not something that many 50+ grans can say LOL.
The instructors are very good at instilling confidence and make sure that they push harder when they think you are ready. If you take a tumble they are reassuring and make sure that you get back on the slope straight away. They are all lovely people with a great sense of humour.
Once you have reached a basic level of confidence you are allowed on the slope without an instructor. Each time you go to the slope without an instructor you sign a declaration to say that you have reached a competent level, and they specify what they consider that level to be. So the reviewer who is complaining about being chastised for taking a novice on the slope deserves it as his companion obviously lied about their ability level. These precautions are taken for the safety of all skiers and snowboarders using the slope as it is dangerous for novice skiers to be careering down the slope out of control and expecting everyone else to get out of their way because they don't know what they're doing.
I don't consider the price to be too expensive bearing in mind that it includes boot and ski hire, lift pass and unlimited time on the slope - I've never been told that my time is up, I just come in when I'm too tired to ski any more. If you go to the coffee morning session held once a week it's only a few more pounds and you get a ski instructor and a hot drink thrown in.
The toboggan run is great fun. When you get to the top wait a little if you can so that you are not too close to the person in front, particularly if that person is a small child and may not be going too fast.
The crazy golf is also great fun if there is a crowd of you and you make a competition of it.
The bar and cafe is a good place to relax apres ski and watch others on the slope. If the weather is fine you can sit outside on the balcony. Also a good place to relax even if you haven't partaken of any of the activities on offer.

Visited November 2013

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I had such fun there! During the summer, surrounded by the sea and the Great Orme!
Staff is helpful, prices affordable, I recommend you to go even if you are a newbie :)

Visited July 2013
Wrexham, Wales, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Heckled”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Went with a friend who had no experence, and when I asked him to follow me I was confronted by an instructor who told me to stop teaching or get off 'his' slope. The same instructor couldn't help himself later when I explained that I wasn't teaching, am not an instructor and only a novice skier... However was berated yet again by the idiot about the inappropriate nature of a novice giving someone else lessons... One born every minute! I must say I'd rather not pay and waste my Saturday to be treated like a naughty child by someone with no common sense...

Visited November 2013
4 Thank Ioan251
Wales
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Sledging with Grandad”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This attraction gives granddads a chance to get on a sledge again (by pretending its to help the grand kids). Once you have paid for a couple of trips up to the top you will want to go again and again! The trick is when you get to the top of the sledge run (its not real snow) wait until all in front of you have reached the bottom and then try not to touch the brake - you will exhilarated and it will feel like your going very fast but its an illusion. As you pass under the little bridge look up and wave to your family who will be sitting enjoying a mug of hot chocolate in the café.
For the even more adventurous, take up the skiing opportunity.The views are fantastic and its easy to drive by car right up to the start - just follow the signs for the happy valley and follow the other granddads.

Visited August 2013
frozen01
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I wasn't feeling very well that day but I guess there really isn't much better for it than some fresh air, beautiful views, and people watching. My fiance and I had a lovely stroll around the hiking trails, encountered some mountain goats, and watched the school children take to the toboggan (if I had felt a little better we would've taken to it ourselves but it was good fun just to watch, too). The view is very picturesque (literally - when I got back home, I ended up finding a photo in a travel guide taken from the exact spot at which we had been standing). Definitely recommended!

Visited April 2013