“Best Chip Shop in Town”

Ranked #34 of 216 Restaurants in Llandudno
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Absolutely love this gem of a chippy, always get our takeaways from here, the food is always cooked fresh. The chips are to die for and the fish the same. Staff friendly, since everything is cooked to order there is usually a wait but believe me it is well worth it. I will not go to another chippy as this is the best

tess40, Manager at Fish Tram Chips, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Fish Tram Chips, its great to hear that you continue to enjoy our fish and chips! Thank you again 'The Fish Tram Chips' team

Reviewed January 26, 2014

As frequent visitors to Llandudno I was "trawling" the web to "net" a good lunch and reading the TripAdvisor reviews Fish Tram Chips "caught" my eye.

It may have been voted the "best" but when it comes to cleanliness a duster and cloth would not go amiss, particularly in the loos.

The fish and chips were good and service excellent

tess40, Manager at Fish Tram Chips, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for your review, we are surprised by your comments regarding cleanliness...we have a 5 star hygiene rating and the shop is cleaned daily with the toilets being checked and cleaned a couple of times a day to ensure they are clean and presentable.

We are sorry to hear that you won't visit us again based on this especially as you enjoyed the food plus you mentioned the excellent service you received.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I visited Fish Tram Chips whilst on holiday over the new year with my family and friends. Again the fish and chips were fantastic. I have never had a bad meal here, it's the best chippie that I have ever been to!

Thank you for writing a review on us, its great to hear that you have visited us before and each time have enjoyed your meal with us! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Llandudno.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Easily the best fish and chips I've had in a long time.

It's worth the walk up from the prom just for the fish and chips. The shop is cleanly presented and the staff very pleasant. There are a few benches outside to eat on which is a nice touch, as well as little restaurant inside.

We went about 1pm and there were about 4 customer in front of us and another 2 came in shortly after us. I expected a good wait as we weren't in a rush and we waited about 10 minutes, which isn't a problem with the fresh food that you get.

The chips were done nearly perfectly if there weren't a little too overdone for some, they were just about spot on for me. A good portion and served in a 'classic' type tray.

The fish was really nice with its thin but fluffy batter, it was lacking just a little bit of taste for some reason but it was nice all the same. Portion size was good, I did want the regular portion but they didn't have any so I had to have the large portion but I was glad I did.

We will definetly be going back on our next visit to Llandudno.

tess40, Manager at Fish Tram Chips, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your experience at the shop, we aim to serve up the best fish and chips possible and as we cook everything to order we are happy to cater for all tastes so if you prefer your batter well done, very lightly battered please do let us know when you order! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit, the Fish Tram Chips team.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Although big fans of fish and chips at home in Australia, we were new to the whole British tradition of cod and fish when we visited Llandudno, so were not quite sure what to expect. If all British cod and chips are as good as they were from Fish Tram Chips, then we completely understand why it is something of a national institution.

The three of us were thrilled by how fresh and sweet the fish was, with just the right amount of batter and no greasiness at all. I usually leave the batter when I have fish and chips, but ate the lot this time. The chips were amongst the best we've had - perfectly crisped on the outside, and fluffy on the inside. And, as they were cooked while we waited and we sat and ate them right outside the shop, everything was fresh and hot, without the least hint of sogginess.

Service was really friendly and helpful; we had a bit of a wait for our meals, but that is what is to be expected when it is cooked to order. It was not so long as to be a problem.

We wish that Australia has cod, and we wish that Australia has Fish Tram Chips to cook it. The hunt is now on for an Australian fish and chip place that is as good (even if it is just at cooking Blue Grenadier).

Thank you for writing a review on Fish Tram Chips, we are glad you enjoyed your traditional British fish and chips! Yes we use the best ingredients possible and everything is prepared fresh on site everyday, all food is cooked to order to guarantee freshness.
If only we could come to Australia to cook fish and chips for you...think we'd enjoy your weather! Thank you again, the Fish Tram Chips team