Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have attempted to interfere with traveler reviews and/or the Popularity Index for this property. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveler reviews.

“Excellent food and service”

The New Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #159 of 205 Restaurants in Llandudno
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: They refer to tripadvisor on their business card.
Preston
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I spent a few days in Llandudno two weeks ago and visited the New Mediterranean restaurant on two occasions. We found the food excellent on both nights and the staff were friendly and efficient. Nothing was too much trouble.
We visit Llandudno every year and will be certainly going back to this great restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Hilary M

Brownhills, UK
“Hairs in Food, Food Raw, Bad Attitude... Avoid!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I visited at the weekend. I have visited Llandudno all of my life, and normally eat in the seafront hotels, we are used to good food and the menu at the restaurant looked lovely so we booked a table. When we arrived the man who greeted us just nodded towards a table, and didn't even say hello which was a bad start in my book. I ordered houmous to start and stuffed aubergines for main - my food was ok, nothing special and certainly not worth the price! My husband ordered pan fried mushrooms to start, and fish kebab for the main. He found 3 hairs in his mushroom dish - 2 short and 1 long. We told one of the waiters and his response was "oh", he then took it off him and walked off. We then waited 15 minutes, and no-one came back to us. Generally you would expect someone to come over, apologise and tell you what they are going to do... nothing! So, my husband went over to them and asked, their response was "well i don't know mate, i've told the chef". So, he asked to speak to the manager who was equally as bored as the staff, he did offer us a bottle of wine and as the main was coming over we accepted and put it down to a genuine mistake. When the fish kebab came, it had lovely looking giant king prawns, when my husband tried to pull them apart they were so tough, they wouldn't. When he finally did, his plate was sprayed with blood. So, he didn't eat that either... totally disgusting! We waited to get someone's attention but they were obviously avoiding us, when the waitress did come over she just piled all our plates onto my husband's full plate, leaning over him to do so, and walked off - didn't even ask why his plate was still full. The bill came to £46, my husband paid it but had another word with the bored manager who just kept shrugging at him. Absolutely awful establishment, eat next door at Home Cookin' instead!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Soph3891
“Good food good value ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

You know that feeling of doubt: been waiting outside a full restaurant for ages & decide not to wait but give a nearby empty one a try? Did that. Tried New Med and it's excellent. Boss & staff are from various Mediterranean countries so good choice of Spanish, Turkish & Greek style dishes inc vegetarian options. The 4 of us enjoyed starters, mains, desserts drinks and coffee for appx �100.

Happy to recommend. :-)

1 Thank jhturner108
leics
“Inconsistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Two visits this summer first time fine second time same meal very different service and food not of same standard.

• Visited July 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Top Greek food restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Mom & Dad had dined here some years ago & wanted to do so again on their 59th wedding anniversary. For some reason, the hotel staff where we stayed told us the restaurant had closed, but we happened to notice it open for business when we passed by to get the tram up the Great Orme, so we dined there on the evening of Mom & Dad's wedding anniversary. Excellent food and great service. We love Greek food and our Kleftico & Stiffado were superb. A touch expensive but I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013