Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have attempted to interfere with traveler reviews and/or the Popularity Index for this property. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveler reviews.

“New Years Eve”

The New Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #156 of 205 Restaurants in Llandudno
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: They refer to tripadvisor on their business card.
LIVERPOOL
“New Years Eve”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

A very patchy meal. Sardine starter great, Moussaka should have aubergine I think? A layer of spuds - what would Delia say? Also got a dicky tummy after the meal - not the best way to see the New Year in.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Bob M

Wallasey, England, United Kingdom
“Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Had a wonderful meal. the service was superb and would definetly recommend it. Very clean and professional service.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Karen K
cindyatay, Owner at The New Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for you kind comments. It is appreciated.
Wrexham, Wales
“Lovely find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Found this restaurant by accident and so glad we did, the waiters were friendly and attentive the menu sounded lovely, I had spinach wrapped in chicken with a creamy sauce, walnuts and rice and it was delicious really tasty and different, my husband had the same and he agreed with me, my daughter had pizza and she enjoyed it, not over priced for a family of three - would definatley dine here again - thank you.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank SianWrexham73
Thank you for your comments. We really do appreciate it. Please visit us again.
Rochester, United Kingdom
“So many other great restaurants to choose from”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Not the best reason to pick a restaurant.I visited this place out of nostalgia as I met my husband there 12 years ago and had happy memories. Not so this visit.

I am always suspicious when I see a long list of dishes on a menu in a small restaurant. There is no way the food can be fresh and the long list must drive the chef crazy unless most of it is frozen and just reheated.

I dined with my sister who was treating me, it was unfortunate that La Taverna, the restaurant we had been recommended around the corner was fully booked. We ordered a glass of wine each and a main course as we were not that hungry. Wine by the glass can be a bit dodgy in Britain and my sister's red wine was definitely in that category, not a good start. My dry white was mediocre.

I ordered a medium rare peppered steak which came with mixed vegetables, she ordered the lamb dish with rice. My steak arrived swimming in a huge pool of cream sauce and was so overcooked it was grey. The waiter took it away when I complained and brought a second one, this time the steak was almost rare. I allowed the steak to sit 'resting' debating whether it would upset my sisters treat by calling the waiter over again. So I tucked in scraping off the waterfall of sauce. It was tasteless and at 19.99 was overpriced by about 19 pounds. Perhaps they should change their meat suppliers?. My vegetables were so overcooked they should have been made into babyfood. My sister's lamb dish was 'tasteless'.

We asked the couple at the next table about their meal and heard a similar story of overpriced tasteless food. Shame. There are so many good restaurants around Llandudno. It was not good value spending over 40 pound on a mediocre meal. Next time I will do my research on Trip Advisor.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank minarety
I am so sorry to see this review. You say you came to the restaurant 12 years ago, you met your husband at the restaurant. I'm surprised you didn't recognise the menu. Except for one or two things, it been the same type of menu with the same amount of choice since 1996. Most of our food is made to order and if it is not, it is only because that that particular dish takes several hours to cook. Like the kelefitco your sister ate or something like stifado which takes two/three hour to cook. i beg it differ but all our ingredient is fresh, we don't even buy frozen French fries. If on the very rare occasion something is sent out over cooked or for some reason the customer is not happy with something, we will alway replace it without question. I do not consider that a spend of £19 her head for a bottle of wine between two, a starter and main course in a restaurant of this type to be expensive. All prizes are displayed on our menu board outside for all to see outside the restaurant.

Again I am very sorry you were not happy.
Chorley, United Kingdom
“good value for money.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We dined at the restaurant in a party of 9 celebrating a 50th birthday, There is a great choice of food pizza, pasta as well as less traditional mediterranean foods. Everyone in the party enjoyed the food, atmosphere and friendly service. They were more than happy to present the cake and played happy birthday which the whole restaurant joined in with. It may not the be cheapest restaurant in Llandudno but we considered it to be very good value for money.

• Visited September 2012
We really do appreciate your comments. Thank you very much. Please visit us again.