“Lovely family meal”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Myself, my wife and our 2 daughters visited Home Cookin for a teatime meal. The place was very welcoming and the decor stylish. A good choice of food was on offer at reasonable prices. We were told that there was no steak on, which I thought was strange at 5.30 on a Sunday. Anyway we ordered the sea bass, a burger, chicken curry and I had beef roast. We didn't have to wait long. Once the food came, everybody was impressed at how nice it tasted. So much so, that everybody insisted that others tasted theirs. Three of us had desserts afterwards, that again were very tasty, although my wife originally wanted banoffi pie which wasn't on offer. The whole experience, including the service was excellent despite a couple of things missing of the menu. We would definitely return for another meal in the future.

There are newer reviews for Home Cookin' Restaurant

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The food and the service were great.
I loved the soup.
I also loved the Welsh pate and the mushroom appetiser
The waitress was efficient and courteous and the house wine (rose) was very good.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Called in for food but will not be going again.Tastless fish and chips over cooked.Coffee an excuse to be called coffee,utterly tastless.Husband had pie chips and peas.He said the peas where dry.Only good thing was the waitress was very pleasant.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was looking forward, to a good home cooked dinner ,unfortunately the Roast Lamb was very chewy and the roast potatoes were deep fried which ruined the meal

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Visited twice during a mini break to Llandudno. They catered very well for my toddler who thoroughly enjoyed his meals also. I had the curry both nights because it was absolutely delicious. Foot was fresh, hot and well priced. I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant and I will definitely return. Lovely staff, homely atmosphere.