“Fantastic eatery”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

What a relief to find this restaurant. After two days of mediocre fare. The food here was exceptional. It was appetising and perfectly cooked. Need to book as very busy.

1  Thank Ray S
kev518williams, Manager at Home Cookin' Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your recent review, we are delighted to see you enjoyed your visit to Home Cookin’ once you found us. It’s always good to receive feedback as this will help us maintain our high standards in the future.
Home Cookin’

There are newer reviews for Home Cookin' Restaurant

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have been going to this establishment since I was a young girl, eventhough it has now changed hands the food is supberb! The best Roast lamb can always be recommended. The staff are very polite and everything is spotless. Once again thankyou for making our day trip enjoyable.

Thank you for your recent review, it’s always good to receive positive feedback on the dishes we serve. To correct one of your comments Home Cookin’ is still owed and run by the same family who first opened it in 1979 and we still have the same high standards today as we had then. Thank you again for your returned custom and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Home Cookin’

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have been meaning to go to this restaurant for a while and if you like no nonsense food, nice surroundings and attentive staff then you will love this place. My husband had the burger, I had the Salmon and kids chose off the kids menu - couldn't fault it. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank sue1959Manchester
kev518williams, Manager at Home Cookin' Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your recent review we are glad see you and your family enjoyed your first visit to our restaurant and liked the food and service we offer. Hopefully you will all join us again soon. Yours sincerely Kevin Williams Head Chef / Manager

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went to wales for a week! Home cookin is a well decorated and posh restaurant. The garlic fish off the specials menu is definitely recommended... my sister had it and she loved it! The overall design of the restaurant is beautiful and service was also excellent. We did find, that there were long ques for this restaurant but only a 5/10minute wait.

I recommend the chocolate fudge cake if you like really sweet deserts or the crème brulae if you're not really a chocolate person. Crème brulae is found in a few restaurants so would definitely recommend.

The only criticism I had was that, I found a stone in my jacket potatoe once... when I made this aware to the waitress, it was just ignored. But I didn't let this stop me from vising home cookin! It was beautiful!

Thank you for your recent review, we take pride in offering great food and service at reasonable prices in a clean, modern and relaxing environment. I would always advise customers to book in advance as we do get extremely busy with our famous queue out the door. Check out our facebook page to see more of our daily fish specials.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our second visit confirmed what we found on the first. The restaurant's name tells the story, this is home-cooking of a high standard. There are quite a number of eating places of varying quality around the area so it can be difficult to decide where to eat. But if you're looking for decent food at a sensible price, you'll find it here. Plenty of choice too, so you'll surely find something to your taste. On a personal note I have an aversion to potato skins and find that more and more restaurants serve boiled potatoes unpeeled. I hate them but was delighted to find that Home Cookin' serve tasty, traditional, peeled boiled potatoes. For this I award them 5 stars.

Thank you for your recent review of Home Cookin’, we have been providing quality freshly made home cooked traditional dishes for over 30 years now and along with good service and a light and modern decor it has helped us build a good reputation and steady trade. Thank you again for your positive and the 5 stars.