“Delicious food and great service”
Review of East

East
Ranked #14 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cantonese with a twist of Japanese
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We nearly didn't visit this restaurant after reading previous reviews about the music - I was worried that it may spoil our evening - but maybe they have taken the feedback on board because the music was set at background volume and no problem at all.
We arrived at 7:50pm without a booking. The place was full, and we were advised that the next available table would be at 9pm. It looked lovely inside, and the food smells were wonderful so we took it and went for a drink nearby to wait.
On to the food and service - we had a banquet and enjoyed every mouthful! We have eaten in many chinese restaurants and East was up there with the best of them. The food was very fresh, well cooked, and without that "MSG gloopiness" that can so often be found in western Chinese meals.
The service was attentive, and we were made to feel like valued customers throughout.
The king prawn and cashewnuts in birds nest (light and crispy wanton basket) was one of the nicest meals I have ever eaten, and not something I would normally have selected.
We will definately be back, and will make sure we pre-book our table next time!

There are newer reviews for East

Reviewed January 3, 2013

my family live in llandudno, and everytime, i go to wales i always make sure i pop into east, i love the food, the music is great, is always changing and makes the atmosphere feel amazing, my family mean the world to me and wales reminds me of east, i love the place. this is the main tourist attraction for llandudno. love it.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I would like to start by saying I have been dining here for 4 years and the food has always been exceptional with this evening's visit being no different. The problem this evening was a male waiter who seriously needs to change his attitude. I happen to be allergic to prawns, so all we asked is for no prawns in the curry or rice (curry and rice are listed on the menu without prawns so they can only be saving money by accommodating my simple request)

The male staff member responded by saying a set menu is a set menu and there is no point choosing a set menu then changing everything.

I really wish I'd walked out at this point, as we were ignored all night. we sat infront of dirty plates for 20 minutes after we finished eating and weren't asked if everything was ok or if we needed any more drinks etc.

We had to ask for our table to be cleared and generally had a really bad experience.

The food was as excellent as ever but I'm really reluctant to return now as the waiter really ruined our evening.

I visit East at least once a month and sometimes 3 or 4 times a month - each time the bill comes to an average of £52.

This is a lot of money they will lose from me and no doubt, any other customer who encounters this guy's attitude.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

the food is exceptionaly good, on the downside the music is the same terrible cd over and over again.for this reason only we have decided not to go back,if you can cope with the music try the good food i have to give it a miss though

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Really have to say that we are all fed up on your same music/ same old several tracks that My self and all my friends / family members have had enough to a point we don't dine here nowhere near as much as We all used to, from maybe 4-6 times per month to maybe 1-2 visits a month and they will be soon none if the music does not get changed very soon, there is only so much ones ears can take and 4 years of these very depressing tracks does get to you and would help explain why the staff all look/are so miserable.

On the positive side and the only reason We all keep putting ourselves through this painful music is the chief here really knows his stuff and produces by far the very best Chinese meals you will find for miles! (They probably play some far better music in the kitchen)
The dinning area is very clean/well set out and service is usually very good - good range of drinks and excellent menu / selection to choose from.
Hope they take note and invest in some more jolly soft background tunes and you will know they work when the staff smile a lot more:)