“A Victorian secret treasure.”
Review of Plas Llwyd

Plas Llwyd
Ranked #24 of 146 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 24, 2013

As you step inside this wonderful family home the oppulent period decor draws your eye to the fantastic and original Victorian styles that are in such abundance throughout this B & B. We have stopped here only a couple of times but have been so impressed with both the setting and the quality of attention given to us during our visits. On both occasions we have had the opportunity to stay in wonderful bedecked rooms which are very comfortble, with the addition of a mini fridge and bath robes being an added bonus. The breakfasts, which you can custom to your own liking, are wholesome and as generous as you would require. Overall we would recommend this establishment to anyone who likes a more friendly environment and not the faceless multi nationals that are so readily available these days. Llandudno,s gem. Thank you to Amanda and her family for the hospitality shown to us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda C, Owner at Plas Llwyd, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for this lovely review.. we love having you stay with us always a pleasure.. Glad you love my home as much as I do...Hope to see you both soon ... love Amanda x

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We went to Plas llwyd for the weekend. Plas lloyd was in a central location, just a 2 min walk to the beach and the local supermarket just a short drive away. Close to all the bars and resturant. A very beautiful victorian house and very clean. beautiful rooms, very clean and tidy. good breakfast. The staff were very friendly and the room was a very cheap price. I would defo recomend this B and B to any one who will be going to llandudno.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind review... Hope to see you again in the future.. Amanda x

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed for one night, booked late on booking.com so very good deal. Parking to the rear of the property off the road which was nice, room at the top of the house which was clean but in need of refurbishment as paper was peeling off the walls and some damp ingress in one corner. Bed ok with nice linen and more than warm enough. Bathroom as was equipped with the usual stuff and noticed bathrobes in the wardrobe although didn't use.
Property is on the market and you get the feeling that the proprietors have had enough of the place, just ticking over until they can get away. Breakfast not brilliant but sufficient but all in all a cheap night away.

Room Tip: 3 storey house and if you are no good with stairs ask for first floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review... The week before you had arrived we had an awful storm which had moved tiles off the roof this I felt was the 1st job which had to be fixed to stop more damage happening... This is how you had a small damp patch in the corner of the room, as I have said in my other replies due to my mum having cancer I haven't been 100% at Plas Llwyd the only reason why the house was for sale was due to this.. as my mum must come 1st ....I do not want to just get away, the business I started from scratch in April 2000 the house was in a terrible mess and I have lovingly restored it... I love meeting people, sharing my home + the wonderful area all around us. The house has now been taken off the market due to a change in circumstances... Amanda

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have stayed here several times and loved it. This time was like a different place! The top floor room with the roll top bath has become shabby and dirty with stains on the carpet and bad DIY jobs. The breakfast was awful with cheap ingredients. The staff were more interested in chatting amongst themselves than dealing with the guests. Really a great shame.

1  Thank Sarah C

Thank you for your review.. This has been one of the hardest years I've had. My mum was diagnosed with Cancer in January, usually my parents and myself do all the decorating for the 1st time we had to pay a company to do it.. wish I could say it was a bad D.I.Y job but I cant.. We actually paid for the decorating!!!
The carpet had to be washed by a carpet company it was so much worse than when you stayed... I was completely gutted by what they had done + have done the best we can to correct the damage they did to this room.... While you stayed I had a manager running the B+B as mum had to have treatment in Manchester + Liverpool so we had to travel a lot so I couldn't be in two places at once...
I am so upset that you felt you were not treated properly.. I love this business + have meet so many wonderful people its what makes this job so rewarding .. again I am truly Sorry Amanda (owner)

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at Plas Llwyd again this year for my birthday in April, and as always it was lovely. It is so welcoming and comfortable, the room we had was spacious and well-equipped with little touches that makes it more special than lots of B&Bs, and breakfast as always was yummy. We love Edward the cat too! Staying at Plas Llwyd has become a tradition for my birthday (even though we do go at other times too), and it's lovely enough to make the occasion even more special. Last year we made three trips, including one in December for Christmas shopping in Llandudno and Conway, and the trees and decorations made the house feel so homely. Thanks again, Amanda, we will definitely stay again and recommend you to friends.

2  Thank JWandJW

Hi J... thank you for your lovely review.. just to let you both know the wonderful Celtic Christmas Fair is Nov 21st - 24th 2013.. Much love Amanda x

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Excellent place to stay.Nice and cosy in room 7 where we slept.Breakfasts were very tasty with plenty of food.5 minutes walk from the sea-front and places to eat.

Private parking around the back is a little awkward as only enough room for 3 cars,but you can easily park on the front as ample room for parking there with no restrictions.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda C, Owner at Plas Llwyd, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review.. we hope you'll visit us again soon
Amanda x

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We only stayed here one night but found it very welcoming and comfortable. We said we would skip breakfast as we were golfing early and the very friendly staff kindly did us some coffee and toast etc. before we left. We were at the theatre in the evening which was only 10 minutes walk away. The sea front, restaurants, shops and pubs a mere 5 minutes away. We stayed on the top floor which was very warm considering it was very cold outside! The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had a roll top bath. We will definitely stay again when visiting Llandudno.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple