“Stylish surroundings, excellent food”

Jaya Indian Cuisine
Ranked #55 of 208 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Stylish surroundings, excellent food”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Very small and bijou. Easy parking which makes a life simple. Welcome very warm, pleasant lounge, gin & tonic £4.40! Starters were excellent, highly recommend the Kenyan chicken and tandoori, not at all like the usual insipid orange stuff. Main course of chicken and lamb masala was very good, expecially with the fresh chapatis. Over all very good. Wine reasonably priced for house plonk. Would certainly return.

2 Thank Phillip_Leslie_1961

Pontypridd
“Excellent restaurant ...”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Indian cuisine at Jaya is very impressive
Especially the desert menu
The restaurant provides a perfect setting and the service is exceptional
Highly recommended

Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“Excellent Indian cuisine ...”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The food was delicious, drinks were lovely.
Restaurant setting was perfect and service was brilliant! Highly recommended and will definitely be making a visit back.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We came for our meal here as part of our weekend away in Llandudno, and I'm so glad we did. I was a little unsure as to what to expect, and on our arrival the owner explained to us that the food is a bit different to the sort of thing you usually get in curry houses, as it was more traditional Punjabi cuisine. So looking at the menu I was a little bit wary of what to go for, as I'm not really a big fan of very hot and spicy curries. I went for the chicken with chickpeas and pepper starter, and the lamb mursala for the main course, and both of them were absolutely fantastic. I've never been to the Punjab region, but I imagine that the food at Jaya is about as authentic as it gets without going yourself. Absolutely fantastic.

The service was also excellent, very friendly and very welcoming (unlike another restaurant we went to the next night, The Lilly...). The staff were never far away when you needed them, and they weren't overly attentive or intrusive when you didn't. Also, it's only a small thing, but I feel it's something more restaurants should do; we were able to order our food from the bar area before we were taken to our table and then stay there whilst we finished our drinks until the starters were ready. I loved that Jaya do this, as I much prefer waiting in the more comfortable bar area on the big couches, than sat at the table. It's purely a personal preference, but it's little things like that that make a big difference to me.

Also, I had the Falooda for dessert and what a treat that was. I honestly can say I've never had anything like it before. The perfect end to a perfect meal.

I will definitely be returning the next time we're in Llandudno, and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fantastic”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was one of the best meals we have ever had. The service was absolutely fantastic, the atmosphere romantic and chilled out and the food was exceptional. Bobby was a gentleman throughout and we thought to pay under 60 quid for three courses and drinks was excellent value for money. We cannot recommend it highly enough and are sure to return when we visit Llandudno again. Amazing.

• Visited August 2013