“Good service and lovely location”

The Terrace at St George's
Ranked #88 of 209 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
United Kingdom
“Good service and lovely location”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Very nice terrace for afternoon tea or drinks. My wife and I enjoyed a coffee and later a couple of glasses of wine. Comfortable,clean and good service by very pleasant staff.
The toilets were spotless always a good indication.
Not the least expensive but in my estimation well worth the prices charged.
I was impressed enough to seriously consider a weekend break there,in the coming winter.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Monty B
georgesLlandudno, Manager at The Terrace at St George's, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Delighted you enjoyed the visit and more so that it made you want to come back and stay. Smiled regarding your comments on the toilets, which are quite right and am pleased to say we lived up to your scrutiny!!
Thank you for placing this review and hopefully we shall be welcoming you back soon to St George's.
All our best wishes

Wrexham
“Terrible”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Despite other praisworthy reviews on this site, we must have been unlucky on this occasion! I was in a party of four visiting this prestigious hotel on 7th August. I tried to order afternoon tea and scones but the waiters were just standing around talking between themselves. I pointed out that the table we were sitting at needed wiping. The tea and scones were nice but the service was poor. I had to go outside to pay the bill. When we were leaving a waiter came running after me wanting to know if I had paid the bill. The normal maitre d' was not there and it showed.Therefore a disappointing report . We were entertaining a Japanese visitor and I felt ashamed of such poor service in a nicely appointed hotel. If the management read this, please keep up high standards and rebuke poor service and staff.

2 Thank dwplucas
stgeorgeswales, Director of Sales at The Terrace at St George's, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am only sorry it wasn't a more positive one. The experience you received wasn't up to the standards we work so hard to try and maintain and for that I am very sorry. Please contact me directly on sales@stgeorgeswales.co.uk
Conwy, United Kingdom
“Far from the Madding Crowd.”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Llandudno in the summer is bursting at the seams. How lovely to turn onto the promenade and into the cool interior of the St George Hotel. Linen cloths. Waitress service. Extensive menu. Keenly priced. It's wonderful to escape the hot hustle and bustle. On average, you will perhaps pay about £2.00 more than an upmarket cafe. However, there are no crowds here. You can relax and enjoy a leisurely lunch. Beautifully served and presented. Enjoy!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Carolyn F
What a lovely, but may I say accurate review of the Terrace at St George's. We do try our hardest to provide a lovely environment with our friendly team, so thank you for acknowledging this, it is appreciated by all the team.
Hope to see you back soon.
Kind regards
Wales, United Kingdom
“Great venue let down by shocking food!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Visited the St George for my end of year ball. The venue itself is stunning and is in a fantastic location, the staff are all lovely and very willing to help with anything they can.
Now for the bad, it wasn't exactly a cheap venue, far from it but the food we got on the night was not what we paid for. The chicken breast in white wine sauce turned out to be the cheapest cut of chicken thighs with a grey salty sauce and a couple of pieces of carrot and some cold roast potatoes. The dessert was definitely frozen, there was no wine included in the ,meal and the bar was ridiculously over priced.
This hotel could be the perfect venue for any event but I would definitely not recommend it based on what we received for the money. I'd hate to think how disappointing it would be as a wedding venue!!

1 Thank Liv W
georgesLlandudno, Manager at The Terrace at St George's, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We have been fortunate for many years to host your schools end of year ball and the lovely letter and kind words from your head teacher who attended makes us pleased to know that it was ''once again a lovely evening.''
The main course was chicken breast, not thighs, in a mushroom white wine sauce, then a dessert which was not frozen.
As for the bar being over priced, the prices are competitive with other similar establishments. The many bottles of drink that was confiscated clearly would have made the evening more expensive for some guests then they would have expected.
Finally thank you for your kind words regarding the stunning venue that's St George's and our great team.
Regards
Deganwy, United Kingdom
“Sons ROA”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed with the food cold chips and pizza was tasteless !! Just because it was for 16 year old students it should be the same quality throughout the hotel ! Definately not worth what was paid! !

2 Thank hobbo649
georgesLlandudno, Manager at The Terrace at St George's, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
We are sorry to read of yours, or your son's disappointment, however we discern the issue is more regarding what you paid.
If we may just emphasise the ticket price was the ROA's organizer's price set having to cover as well as the basic buffet.. D.J., Room and table decorations, prizes, photographs, door security, transport etc. In your consideration please include all these additions, however we still note your disappointment in the buffet that we were asked to provide.
Would wish to finish by reporting that we have received only thanks and praise from the organizers and it seemed to be an enjoyable and successful night.
Regards