“Disappointing”

The Terrace at St George's
Ranked #81 of 208 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: British, European, Welsh
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Went in today. Looked very busy. Asked for a table and a rude waiter said we should find somewhere ourselves. This is not what you expect from an establishment of this type. He gave the impression he was doing us a favour to serve us. Second time we have been in and won't try again. Disappointing to say the least.

georgesLlandudno, Manager at The Terrace at St George's, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Have tried to look into this and asked you for assistance in identifying the waiter, sadly you haven't replied to my question so can only regret ,this impression has been left. If it was busy or not the waiter should still have made you feel welcome.
Our team are regularly acknowledged as being a very friendly and welcoming team I hope you will decide to return and if so please contact me directly so I may ensure there is a lovely sea view table, with a warm welcome included and the best of St George's.
Kind regards

Chester, United Kingdom
“Very good food”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Sandwiches have generous fillings and the chips are the best ever!
Great view over the sea. Very friendly service.

Visited December 2013
A lovely review to start the New Year and it says it all.
Thank you for posting and so much appreciated.
Best wishes for 2014
Conwy
“cold unrecognisable food.”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was expecting something really special at our works xmas meal here. I was very dissapointed. Starter was a deep fried something that just tasted greasy. Main was meant to be a turkey dinner, but everyone on the table commented that it looked more like pork it was grey and in sections. The veg was awful what there was of it. Lady on our table sent her meal back twice for being cold. I opted for cheese and crackers at the end thinking you cant do that wrong.... they were both stale, both obviously left out on the side. Needless to say that was left too. The lady with the cold meal was offered a glass of wine, which we all thought was an insult till we saw the bar prices. £3.50 for a coke! Will not be going back anytime soon.

georgesLlandudno, Manager at The Terrace at St George's, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Unable to recognize your party from your comments I am unable to provide a proper response to your issues, sadly this does not reflect the very successful Christmas at St George's with so many compliments and repeat bookings. We will always deal with comments professionally when made to us, but am unable to through such a public site, if you wish to contact me directly, than I shall deal with the matter more appropriately.
What I can say, is that our food is of high quality and has achieved awards for being so, and served by friendly efficient staff in a lovely setting.
As always with guests as yourself if you did consider a return to St George's please contact me directly so I may ensure you will receive the best of St George's.
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Really poor Xmas party”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Went to this 4 star Hotel for a works Xmas party. I have been to the St George's many times in the past and always found it very good. On this occasion however, apart from my starter, which was very nice the food was very poor. I had a beef steak main course, very small portion which was over cooked and dried out. Only one roast potato, a few vegetables and a dried up spoon of mashed potato, that had formed a crust. I played it safe with desert, by having Cheese and biscuits, however the cheese was noticeable by its absence, one very small sliver of cheddar and a smaller one of Brie. To cap it off. The house white wine was warm and the red cold and not very good.
I'm not sure if the management are letting standards fall or just taking advantage of the party market in the hope they won't notice the small portions and poor quality. Which ever they risk permanently damaging an other wise good reputation unless they do something about this.

1 Thank MikeT23
georgesLlandudno, Manager at The Terrace at St George's, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I am surprised and also regret, that you felt disappointed with your works Christmas Party.
I can only say this December has been our busiest and most successful, with scores of compliments. But what does that matter as this is your opinion, and though you state the ''many times'' in the past you have found St George's very good, sadly on this one occasion, you didn't.
What is sad for us, is as a regular TA user, those very good times you haven't reviewed, as it would have offered a balanced view, but we appreciate and am pleased, you have experienced the best of St George's.
We are certainly not allowing standards to fall and can only regret you were disappointed, please contact me directly if you consider returning to St George's, so I may assure you of a warm welcome and the best of St George's.
Best Wishes for 2014
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant Birthday dinner for my Wife.”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have eaten in almost every food outlet in Llandudno over the years and have varying opinions on what would be suitable for a meal on a special occasion. Eventually after much thought I choose the Terrace at St Georges. It turned out to be the perfect venue, even though the Hotel had all three of its function rooms occupied, it in no way impinged on the Terrace, the quality of our meal or the panache with which it was presented by the restaurant staff. I found the Terrace to be a warm and welcoming place with a wonderful ambience. It was the right choice and I thought it was priced most reasonably, considering the quality and service the St Georges provided. I will definitely eat there again and would recommend it to my friends without a seconds hesitation.

• Visited December 2013
A lovely review thank you and especially as it was a celebration of your wife's birthday, we are only so pleased to have made it a memorable evening.
Your kind words have been so encouraging and appreciated by the team who work hard to provide good food with a friendly yet efficient service.
Thank you again and our best wishes to you and your wife for 2014.
Kind Regards