“Weekend Stay”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at St Georges for the weekend and ate on the terrace several times. The food here is always fresh and always delicious. We love it here and intend to keep coming back. A big thank you to all the staff who are so friendly and make our visits so pleasant.

georgesLlandudno, Manager at The Terrace at St George's, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Such a lovely review, thank you and even better to read how much you appreciated the good food and friendly service from our team.
We hope we shall be welcoming you back soon to St George's.
kind regards

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Afternoon tea or coffee and cakes with a knock-out view and wonderful waiters/waitresses. Very relaxing!

Thank you for taking the trouble to post a review here and on our hotel page your kind words are really appreciated and we are just pleased you enjoyed your stay so much.
All best wishes

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Food was vibrant fresh & tasty plenty of choice, We had the 3 courses & were more than satisfied, Staff go out of there way to make sure you have everything you need & drinks are reasonably priced too.

georgesLlandudno, Manager at The Terrace at St George's, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

A great review and means a lot to the team. Thank you for taking the time to post.
We hope you will be back soon to Llandudno and St George's.
All our very best wishes

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family enjoyed lunch at The Terrace at St Georges restaurant both days thanks to my Mother who treated us. The Christmas Day meal was delicious...all 5 courses.

Boxing Day was almost as good, with the Sherry Trifle being exceptional ( a great improvement on last year's).

Overall, a most enjoyable two afternoons.

Thank you for reviewing and only now catching up with my responses, so do forgive me.
Your review has been shown, as all are, to the team and we are delighted you yet again enjoyed your 'visits' to St George's through Christmas.
Good to hear about the trifle, must have been good, I never got any. Well I hope you will visit St George's before next Christmas meanwhile please pass our best wishes to your Mum and family for 2013.
kindest regards

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and i enjoyed Christmas day lunch at the St Georges and in the main had a lovely meal and experience. It wasnt cheap at £64 each plus nearly £20 for a routine Australian shiraz and a tip. Our table for two was in the window with nice sea views. The staff were great. really pleasant and efficient. It is amost certain we will go again next Chritmas. The menu was well thought out and the food well presented and very tasty. The beef i ordered was however not perfect. Roast Sirloin needs to be roasted properly in a hot oven so the layer of fat crisps and flavours the meat which should be seared on the outside and pink in the middle. The Chef employed a standard mass catering method of cooking the beef by effectively braising the meat probably in or over a little water. This means the meat cant be overcooked and will be tender which it was. However the fat layer instead of being crisp was just soft grey slime with no flavour. The meat looked and ate like veal. This cut is not suitable for this cooking method. Topside or even Silverside would have been better and cheaper. A proper roasting joint needs to be roasted not braised. My wife was pleased with her Turkey and all the other dishes were pretty well perfect. All in all we loved our meal.

Again my apologies for the slight tardiness in responding to your kind comments.
Thank you for your review and comments and even the one about the Beef, I have to say your point is valid and regards to crisp beef fat, I very much, in part do support.
We were catering for well over 200 guests that lunch service and I am pleased to say to a great success. However I hope there may be an opportunity of joining us for a Sunday Lunch and find our Beef served with crispy fat !!
If you do and I hope you will return before or next Christmas, please contact me directly, so I may take the opportunity to say hello and discuss the ramifications of modern catering equipment....now there's an interesting topic of conversation
All my very best wishes