“Great PUB”

Ranked #32 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run pub in the heart of Llandudno, serving a wide range of main courses and local specials, fantastic lunches and filling dinners. All the meals are accompanied by a range of local beers, and popular lagers, wines and spirits. Food is served in a family friendly environment, with seating indoors and outside. Perfect for couples, family get togethers or large gatherings - a very popular place with holidaymakers and locals alike.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Good value for money. Ideal for a quick pub lunch or an enjoyable relaxing evening meal.
On Monday evenings they hold a quiz night. Its great fun for the locals as well as the tourists.

1  Thank 50Lillian
Write a ReviewReviews (1,479)

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Visited the Albert for a family meal last saturday and couldn't be happier with the service and quality of food! Nothing is too much trouble for this amazing restaurant! With only half an hours notice the friendly staff booked us a table on a busy saturday night - for 9 people may I add - and couldn't have been more accomodating. As a lactose-intollerant vegetarian you can only imagine the trouble I have when trying to find suitable meals when eating out in restaurants - however - when asking the Albert if they would be able to cater for me - with only half an hours notice! - they responded in a way that I have never experienced before!! They offered to cook me my own specially made vegetarian dish that would also be lactose free! Never in my life has any restaurant offered to go out of their own way to help in such a manner! Restaurants such as the Avon Conwy instead have offered advice such as 'errr well the vegetarian chili might be dairy free? or we have lasagne...'. what a refreshing and pleasant surprise to find a local businesses so willing and able to cater for needs such as mine. I was made aware of the ingredients to every part of my meal and was made to feel extremely valued as a customer and I would like to extend my special thanks to the chef for taking the time to cater for me. The other 8 members of my family and I enjoyed a fantastic evening where all the food came out in good time, together and was hot too! - which can be a big ask for some other restaurants when it is for a table of 9. I couldn't reccomend this restaurant highly enough and it will always be my first choice when choosing where to eat out! Thanks again to the staff at the Albert!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

A lunchtime visit resulted in a very enjoyable meal. A very friendly and efficient young man behind the bar - Iain? - he was very helpful.
Food was very tasty and very hot - the plates were so hot they were almost dangerous.
I had the steak and mushroom pie - gosh - what a plateful and very tasty with lovely chips and fresh vegetables.
The pub was quiet so we were served very quickly - seemed a lot of people there that had been before.
We would certainly go there again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was with a party of six & we had finished the meal & said it was good & we all would return another time.

Among the order was 3 Gammon with egg or pineapple, on ordering we were asked if the order wanted egg or pineapple, we were informed that we could have both if wanted,( 2 wanted the egg & 1 the pineapple), but because they advised you could have both,we ordered both,nothing was said about an extra charge. When we got the bill we were charged £3 75. for 2 slices of pineapple & 1 egg., although they put it on the bill as extra 3 eggs.

We found this charge way over the top & spoiled what was a good meal.

It makes my blood boil when we had paid £12. 50 each for the meal, then to be charged £1.25 for a slice of tinned pineapple.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very friendly staff who found room for a large group even though they were very busy.
Good choice of food on the menu plus daily specials. Service was prompt and food was very good and reasonably priced.