“marg G”

Ranked #37 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
StaffordUnited Kingdom.
“marg G”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Been going to The Queens Hotel for years, we were there the last time in November for T & T one of the best, good party atmosphere, you also get a little present at meal times which is quite nic e. The hotel is nice and tidy, food is lovely, nice selection. Waitresses etc very pleasant. Entertainment is very good as well, lovely large dance floor although sometimes not a lot of people dance, we find we are the only couple on the floor which is a shame, party night is very good.

Room Tip: Most rooms are good. corner rooms are nice and bright, as is side rooms, you can still see the sea...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank margG305
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
So pleased to read your review, thank you and delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Tinsel & Turkey break in 2012 - look forward to seeing you again this year!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was at Llandudno for a week with Whytes tour. The food was Very GOOD ineed and the plates where very hot. The room was fine as well. It was very easy to get to the town and the railway station and you can walk to it .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Douglas M
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the trouble to leave the review, and I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
North Wales
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My friend and I have on occasions called for a drink at this hotel after visiting local concerts in the town, the hotel is comfortable and centrally located but on the last 2 occasions, the evening barman was so unpleasant and unwelcoming. Both times as my friend and I were chatting he came through to the bar/lounge area, clanking empty glasses loudly, banging through the doors, we were made to feel very uncomfortable and considering it wasn't even 11pm it was very clear he wanted us out so he could lock up (no wonder there were no residents to be seen in the lounge/bar area having a nightcap). I will not be visiting this hotel again nor would I recommend it as there are plenty of other hotels on the promenade that make you feel welcome, even at 11pm.

Room Tip: Evening Drink - Unwelcome!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank PeggySue1
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Disappointed to read your comments: they have been discussed with our bar staff, who share our concern that you gained the impression that we were trying to "push you out" - just to clarify, we welcome none residents until shortly after 11p.m. (last orders 11p.m.), and, of course, we remain open much later for residents. Do call again!
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were only bed and breakfast during our stay in Llandudno, so on 4 days we had evening diner here.The food was very good at every meal and service was always with a smile! as we did not stay at the hotel we were given a table seperate from the coach parties

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Dinners, and thank you very much for leaving the review. Non residents are very welcome to join us for dinner any evening, (advance booking at reception required).
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was the coach driver for a tour group who stopped at the hotel in april! I was very impressed with all aspects of the hotel! The food was very good at every meal time and service was always with a smile! From what I gather all my passengers were as impressed as myself!
As for the staff I cannot praise them enough they were great on arrival and departure and even helped source some items for my coach from nearby!!
Overall loved the hotel and the staff! Will return here in the future much more often!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank steveriley1980
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you ever so much for leaving such a lovely review, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again.
Worcester
Reviewed May 18, 2013

What can I say the title says it all. We had a top floor twin room in 'the Lodge' which was very small, with only a head and shoulders view out of the window - I could rest my chin on it. The shower room mirror was so high on the wall that I could only just see the top of my head in it. I am not tall but I am not a dwarf either. I booked through laterooms.com knowing that this was the last room in the place and paid £80 for it. Because Llandudno was very busy that weekend there was nowhere to park. We were in a hurry on arrival as my husband had an appointment so we had to find a place to park. We ended up parking nearly 2 miles away by the little orme and walking from there to the hotel with our luggage. No-one offered to keep it safe for us or indeed told us anything about the hotel. I booked in alone as my husband would have been late. Someone did carry our bag up to the room but I was told nothing else. We didn't even know where the dining room was the following day, indeed when we asked we were then asked which one we were supposed to be dining in! Breakfast was adequate. We found out anything we needed to know about the hotel from the information book in the room which was quite informative. However this takes me to the worst thing. In that book was a half page spread dedicated to information on norovirus. Good one might say - as a healthcare professional I know all too well about this nasty little bug and the importance of washing one's hands etc. However if you are going to prevent the spread of such things it is good to supply soap in order that your guests can wash their hands properly after visiting the toilet. I noted from the information book that toiletries could be purchased from reception. I think I will avoid this place in the future and stay in a travel inn which is cheaper and better. I feel ripped off and also wondering how many guests were actually washing their hands properly.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Catfrostie
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
What a terrible review!
The customers dissatisfaction seems to be due to two issues.
1. Parking - if only, when the customers called at the hotel, they had given us a chance to tell them about our luggage storage facility and/or the porterage of their bags straight to their room the whole 'luggage' issue would have been avoided.
2. Soap - all our bathrooms obviously have a stock of 3 bars of "wrapped soap" and this is kept in the bathroom cabinet! If, for some unknown reason, the soap was not present, a simple phone call to reception would have sufficed.
We can but wish the customers had raised these 'issues' with us at the time, as they would have been dealt with so easily.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed over the Bank Holiday weekend and had a wonderful time. While the hotel may not be in the latest boutique hotel style, it has all the charm of a British seaside hotel. The best view was to be had from our room! Sea views plus a view of the town and all the hussle and bustle on the promenade. It was Victorian weekend, so lots to see and do.
The restaurant is the most organised place we have been to for a long time. They managed to serve about 90 people all at the same time. The food was hot and delicious with a great choice of menu. Can fully recommend the salmon salad. And of course the cooked breakfast. Everything was freshly prepared and food served with a smile. Great place for a weekend away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lancastrian999
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and in Llandudno, on Extravaganza Weekend - hope to see you again in the future.