“4 Night City Breaks By The Sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Queens Hotel

The Queens Hotel
Ranked #36 of 59 Hotels in Llandudno
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“4 Night City Breaks By The Sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Hi travellers I'm just back from a 4 Night City Breaks By The Sea holiday at the Queen's hotel Llandudno. I 'm still in my happy mood after my holiday. I find January depressing after the buzz of Christmas.I used to stay in Llandudno for the two week family holiday in the Sixties. Two weeks on the beach and always feeling hungry. Those were the days before en suites, the mad dash to find a vacant toilet after breakfast and the Izal Medicated toilet paper
First impressions of the Queen's hotel. It's and impressive looking hotel with an welcoming entrance. It has the Wow factor an original hotel, not four boarding houses stitched together. The warmth just hits you inside so hot and its freezing outside. I find that it takes two days for people to gel together and then the fun starts. Everyone is chatting and telling stories and jokes.The entertainment every night a mention to Morgan Reeves his outstanding voice and the way he made me laugh in giggles what a night to remember. To much to eat I skipped lunch and just had afternoon tea. Top tip is to ask for a basket of chips to have with dinner guess I'm greedy no lunch not really greedy the diet can wait I'm feeling cold at home writing this .I Love to be back at the hotel.
There are always little things that annoy when I'm away nothing is perfect. I treat my 3 G I pad like a baby.One really needs a specially designed self to charge ones phones etc in a hotel bedroom.
Thanks to all the staff. Family run hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Charles271
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thanks very much for your kind comments and for leaving the extremely entertaining review! Delighted you enjoyed yourself!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
anglesey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed at the Queens from the 7th -11th January, Must say the food was excellent & so much choice were even given a small gift every evening along with a different theme night i.e. Spanish, French, American & English the waiters
dressed accordingly & were so pleasant & efficient especially Justine. Our room was lovely & warm & had new furniture since our visit last January. However, must say the bed wasn't very comfortable I think the mattress is well worn & we both felt we might slip of the end during the night. We are both small people, can't imagine how two large people could sleep on it. We were in room 85.
As I said in my last review this hotel is well situated for the shops & has lovely views across the sea with good walks along the promenade well worth a visit. Even has dancing at night plus entertainment,including bar with Happy Hour.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AngleseyDaisy
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, this years theme break is proving to be very popular! Thank you especially for praising the staff, and your kind comments have been passed onto Justine. We have attended to the mattress, strangely enough it was a new one! We have swapped things around and it is better now.
Thanks for letting us know.
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Visited for lunch with my mother and son, the food was homemade, cooked well and excellent value. The chef kindly made a fresh hollandaise sauce to go with my salmon and my mother really enjoyed her plaice. The ambience is homely and welcoming and it is clear that the owners and staff put every effort into making their guests visit a happy and memorable one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Delighted you enjoyed your meal and look forward to seeing you again.
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Just got back from the Queens Hotel after a very enjoyable weekend.We arrived on friday for a 2 night twixmas break.We checked in to the hotel at 2 o-clock and went to our room to unpack,the room was excellent one of the best rooms we have stayed in, the bathroom was second to non very modern and very clean,the room was lovely and warm so warm we had to turn the thermostat down.The staff were always obliging and very polite a credit to the hotel. At 4 o-clock it was time to go down for tea and cakes,this was repeated on both days and was very enjoyable .The choice on the menu for dinner was very good and the food was really good and so was breakfast. the only thing that could be better was the entertainment at night, people wanted to get up and dance but it was more sequence dance music where only a few got up.Apart from that well worth going and would recommend to anybody

Room Tip: room 89 was ecellant
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Delighted that you enjoyed your Twixmas Break with us, and your feedback re the entertainment has been noted.
Thank you.
wirral
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Just returned from the Queens Hotel, did a Turkey and Tinsel break with my sister and 81 year old Dad. My sister and I are in our 50's and really enjoyed our stay. We stayed on the 3rd floor corner room with great views, Dad is a wheelchair user and the Hotel really accommodated for this. The food and service were excellent, staff very friendly and helpful, and the cleanliness of the hotel was thorough throughout. The singer on the Monday night was very good but top of the bill for us was the singer/comedian on the Tuesday night, he was excellent, made us all laugh and what a voice. We would definitively recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The corner room we had on the 3rd floor was light and bright with great views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sunshineWirral
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Delighted that you all enjoyed your stay so much, and thank you for taking the trouble to post the review.
Lichfield, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

i came back off a turkey and tinsel holiday. The staff were very nice and polite to me and chatty. The room was ok but the shower was not brilliant the entertainment was ok' they where on the ball with any complaints. the hotel was situated in an ideal place but the tv not very good as it kept going fuzzy.
but overall a nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank thewatchdog12
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
So pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall, and thanks especially for the kind comments about the staff. Sorry to hear about the issues with the shower and the T.V., we do our best to resolve any problems as they arise, or as soon as we are made aware of them.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just returned from a weekend at the Queens. I was staying with my mum in a twin room. Unfortunately I took ill after the first night and spent the rest of the time in my room. I cannot praise the staff enough. On the first night when I was well the staff were really attentitive, friendly and chatty (even though the hotel was busy with a tinsel and turkey event). They also made my dog feel very welcome and all talked to him as well. On th first night we were all treated to a glass of fizz and hot mince pies and a present from Father Christmas I didn't manage to make it to breakfast but mum says it was lovely and all waitress/waiter service. The staff sent plenty of chilled water up to the room for me. The staff even checked on me when my mum went out which was really sweet and even told us where the walk in centre was should we need it. They even rang the room to see if I needed anything sending to the room. Although the weekend didn't go to plan I cannot praise the staff enough!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tinny10
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post the review, your kind comments, especially about the staff - are very much appreciated. It always upsets us when guests, who have obviously looked forward to their break, fall ill, for whatever reason, we will always do our best to help as much as we can.