“Lovely December Break”
Review of The Queens Hotel

The Queens Hotel
Ranked #34 of 59 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Just returned from the Queens Hotel, did a Turkey and Tinsel break with my sister and 81 year old Dad. My sister and I are in our 50's and really enjoyed our stay. We stayed on the 3rd floor corner room with great views, Dad is a wheelchair user and the Hotel really accommodated for this. The food and service were excellent, staff very friendly and helpful, and the cleanliness of the hotel was thorough throughout. The singer on the Monday night was very good but top of the bill for us was the singer/comedian on the Tuesday night, he was excellent, made us all laugh and what a voice. We would definitively recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The corner room we had on the 3rd floor was light and bright with great views
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sunshineWirral
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Delighted that you all enjoyed your stay so much, and thank you for taking the trouble to post the review.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

i came back off a turkey and tinsel holiday. The staff were very nice and polite to me and chatty. The room was ok but the shower was not brilliant the entertainment was ok' they where on the ball with any complaints. the hotel was situated in an ideal place but the tv not very good as it kept going fuzzy.
but overall a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank thewatchdog12
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

So pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall, and thanks especially for the kind comments about the staff. Sorry to hear about the issues with the shower and the T.V., we do our best to resolve any problems as they arise, or as soon as we are made aware of them.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just returned from a weekend at the Queens. I was staying with my mum in a twin room. Unfortunately I took ill after the first night and spent the rest of the time in my room. I cannot praise the staff enough. On the first night when I was well the staff were really attentitive, friendly and chatty (even though the hotel was busy with a tinsel and turkey event). They also made my dog feel very welcome and all talked to him as well. On th first night we were all treated to a glass of fizz and hot mince pies and a present from Father Christmas I didn't manage to make it to breakfast but mum says it was lovely and all waitress/waiter service. The staff sent plenty of chilled water up to the room for me. The staff even checked on me when my mum went out which was really sweet and even told us where the walk in centre was should we need it. They even rang the room to see if I needed anything sending to the room. Although the weekend didn't go to plan I cannot praise the staff enough!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tinny10

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post the review, your kind comments, especially about the staff - are very much appreciated. It always upsets us when guests, who have obviously looked forward to their break, fall ill, for whatever reason, we will always do our best to help as much as we can.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

stayed at this hotel last week in October.
Room difficult to find as it was situated between floor one and two on a landing with a storage cupbord on either side, Room number 71, a must to avoid. whichever way you approach the room a flight of stairs have to be negotiated. very small bathroom with toilet and shower with no heating of any kind. Danger of hitting your head on the glass door of the shower when trying to sit on the toilet.Washbasin is situated in the bedroom.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank denis g
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Whilst I take on board your comments regarding Room 71, I do feel I must mention that we have not had any complaints about that room in the past. Clearly the location of the room is not suitable for guests with walking difficulties, but, in turn, we ensure this fact is made known to potential guests before they book in.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

i would just like to thank the wonderful hotel staff ,the whole team of people , everyone at this hotel makes you feel so so welcome ,my mother was with my father who are both 79 and 80 respectfully ,i really was not sure what to expect as we booked this also for my dad who suffered a stroke 7 years ago and has spent most of it recovering. The hotel is very well laid out for wheelchair users but hey! myself and my partner are only 50 and the hotel has something for everyone , entertainment on every night , in either of the two ballrooms . this is a fabulously clean hotel ,the food is 4 star standard , the service is 5 star , the sparkle weekend was exactly what my mum and dad wanted, dad even danced for the first time in 7 years to a standing ovation, a tear was in everyones eye, Thankyou chris and Thankyou queens hotel ,you are all very special people for the way you run this hotel, we will be back again as soon as possible, thank you David in the restaurant you are a gentleman. Thankyou everyone who works there , as it is so so rare to find kindness and an understanding from not just the owners of the hotel who are lovely and nothing is to much trouble , please book this hotel with your mum or dad or have a lovely romantic break in Llandudno, brilliant brilliant brilliant, you are all stars !!!!!! even a birthday cake for mum with candles, brilliant hotel , best in north wales .

Room Tip: they are all good rooms ,book one with sea view as its so nice ,if taking elderly family ask for roo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thanks a million for taking the trouble to post the lovely review, it made our day!
We are so pleased that all the family enjoyed the stay.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

What a great hotel this is, we have been here several times over the years, must be good to keep going back.
The staff are friendly and the food is all homemade..fantastic, never had a bad meal here yet, we also do Sunday Dinners here quite often.
There have been reviews about the bedrooms being too small but we have not had a problem with this.
The rooms are clean and well equiped.

Room Tip: For a little extra have a room with a sea view,great to watch the world go by if the weather is not...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dia1389

Thank you for your wonderful review, your comments are much appreciated & we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I took my mother (82) here for a couple of days for a break. What a lovely place. The staff are so friendly and welcoming immediately that you instantly feel at home. There were several coach parties here for Turkey and Tinsel so we joined them for the evening entertainment. The entertainment was fabulous especially Morgan the welsh singer. We enjoyed the bingo also.

We booked for just b&b but stayed in for dinner one of the nights. This coincided with the Christmas Day of the coach trip which meant we had one of the best Turkey dinners I have ever tasted. The breakfast was also excellent, hot and lots of choice. The service was very quick and friendly and the atmosphere was very jolly.

Our room was absolutely spotless with tea and coffee making facilities.

When we booked out, I packed the car and we spent some time sitting in the lobby area just chatting and watching the world go by. I was actually reluctant to leave!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank nickyall

Thank you ever so much for your generous comments, we are very pleased that you & your mother enjoyed your stay so much. I will tell Morgan that you enjoyed his performance, he will be delighted!