“ANOTHER GREAT MEAL”

The Cottage Loaf
Ranked #9 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Traditional Pub,Child Friendly,Serving Food All Day,Real Ale,Log Fire,Reservations by Phone or Email,Good Beer Guide 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Just visited Llandudno again and thought we would book the Cottage Loaf again after we had such a good meal there in January. This time we had our 7 year old grandaughter with us so we phoned ahead to see if children were allowed in the evening. We were told children are allowed in until 10pm so we booked a table for 7pm. When we arrived the extension that had just been started in January was completed and a very nice beer garden was surrounded by a tall stone wall. It looked as if it had always been there and made a huge difference to the pub. We had a very nice meal (we had Ham, Eggs and lovely thick chips and our grandaughter had macaroni cheese and garlic bread). The staff are always pleasant and helpful, we would highly recommend a visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,310)

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend the swordfish steak with anchovies and Niçoise salad. Could not resist the side order of triple cooked chips - worth every additional category.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Since we last visited this restaurant, it has been extended and re-vamped.. lovely atmosphere, food was great and reasonably priced. The staff were brilliant and had a cheery word for everyone, even tho they were very busy.. Make sure u book as soon as u can as its very popular.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

The cottage loaf was a great find, I was looking on trip advisor for a good place to eat Sunday lunch with my husband and parents. I was not disappointed. What a fab little pub, it looks like it should be in some little village in the country, the Sunday dinner was fab, I had the silverside the portion was massive and one of the best Sunday lunches I've had. My husband had the steak and ale pie which looked and tasted amazing. Dad had the fish and chips, the portions are so big and he really enjoyed it. Mum didn't eat lunch as she was still full from breakfast in our hotel. My only criticism was the fact that during our meal we wanted another drink and the waitress said we had to go to the bar for it, they don't take orders for drinks, they just bring the food to your table after you have ordered and paid for it at the bar.

1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I had the braised lamb, it was gorgeous, highly recommended, my husband has the burger which he said was very good. Friendly staff, great service. Good selection of local beers